Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Brazilian GP 2010 - Interlagos

Goran2812 wrote:
Sean H wrote:
Terrible3 wrote:I for one don't want to see team orders come into play next week. Mark has had one of if not the fastest cars on the grid all year and rock solid reliability. The fact that SV despite a good 4 (3 of those while leading the race) car related failures is just a few points behind. Yes I realize Alonso was gifted a few points by Massa, but still the fact is that Alonso has done exactly what he said he would do, a sting of podiums. This is no small feat as such I really hope team orders do not effect next weeks outcome. If Mark is simply not fast enough to win this title on his own I don't want it handed to him. I for one would have loved for another ten laps today to see if Mark would have been able to make an impression or passing attempt at Vettel.
another ten laps and Webber probably comes under attack from Alonso. Fred was taking 4 and 5 tenths a lap out of MW for a string of laps while trading fast laps with LH who had fresh tires.
nah... webber had to go easy on the throtle becouse the engine was getting too hot... he could have gone faster if he needed to...
You're kind of contradicting yourself here. You're saying he's had to back off then you're saying he could be faster. While the POTENTIAL to be faster is there, as you say, he had to back off as his engine temps skyrocketed. And so if those engine temps continued to stay hot, he would have had to back off.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I stumbled upon this article a little late but it still worth sharing;

:arrow: Brazil tech file - F1Technical
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

djos wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:"Sebastian, Mark Is Faster Than You! Did You Understand The Message?" Will they play it this way? :D
nah, they only have to say "Nando is 3rd, do you understand?" :lol:
"I failed maths, no I don't understand." :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

Lol :D
"In downforce we trust"

alvinkhorfire
alvinkhorfire

I thought that there was a rule stating that lapped cars are allowed to unlap themselves during the safety car period. When was it abolished? We should have that rules reinstated, as it could have given Mark a better chance to chase down Vettel. The backmarkers indirectly ruined Mark's chance in closing the gap to Vettel, as he was closing in to Vettel before the safety car period.

I know that Mark's overheating engine did not help much. Maybe, the extra pressure from Mark could have caused Vettel's engine to go "kaboom".

I also do not hope anything bad to happen to Vettel, but during post-race press conference, Vettel himself said that they do not mind seeing some nice Ferrari smoke from Alonso.

fausto cedros

Well, after Germany Horner said he'd rather lose the championship than win like that, and up to now he's stuck with that. Alonso hypocritically said that it didn't matter first or second to him on that occasion,provided Ferrari benefiting from that(must have been raised to chairman himself). What if Alonso wins? Shall Domenicali say that it's been a deserved one? To please the entertainment, Mr.Todt's FIA(yes, todt, the one who sat on ferrari's deck for so many years and whose son is massa's manager)refused to penalise Ferrari to keep up the entertainment, and now to all the fans other than tv monkeys,they are about to spoil the best f1 championship so far, making it much resemblant to the one stolen by Raikkonen,same flag, in 2007. Congratulations.Thank you FIA...that will perpetuate Balestre and Mosley way of doing business...and will gift F1 with the same credibility as Wrestling.
I sincerely hope that worldwide Ferrari would suffer the same image blow as F1 would, after all isn't f1 all about ferrari, Bernie?
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

If Vettel had let Webber past and then in Abu Dhabi Webber fails to finish Red Bull will be worse off. This way they still have their options open.

I expect Alonso to be WDC, I don't much care for him but I admire his race craft.

netoperek
netoperek

if Massa, Button, or even Vettel in this particular race, would have such long lasting temp problems as Webbo, most of You would probably call it Team Orders. It is funny no one considered this in such way. Most curious is WHEN Race Engineer told Mark that his engine is overheating and he will loose it for sure if he wont slow down... They kept telling him that when he was closing to Vettel - and closing FAST (about half a second each lap in some cases as i recall). As i said, if it was Massa most would be SURE it was team orders. You all know how much they love Vettel in RBR HQ and still no conspiracy theories around here? :wtf:

marcush.
marcush.

I´m pretty sure RBR is trying to manage vettel to the title...and they are putting Webbers campaign at risk doing it..
they could already be champs,but prefer to go the williams route of the 80s..with Piquet and Mansell..when Mansell was their "Ersatz Alan Jones"..

xpensive
xpensive

Indeed marcush, I remember when Williams asked leading Carlos Reutemann to let Alan Jones by at the 1981 Brazil GP.

Carlos pretended not to see the sign of course, why Jones was furious afterwards, that's serious team-orders for you!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Button signs for Mclaren

ringo wrote:All Hamilton had to do was come in before, he was asking to come in, It was the team that kept him out.

Jenson never had the pace. Hamilton put 10 seconds in him in no time. Putting Jenson in front of Hamilton would be a waste of time. He'll just be overtaken.
You didn't read my post. After Hamilton pitted and came out infront Jenson's pace was controlled, his engine was turned down. Logically it made no sense to have Jenson infront of Hamilton, so McLaren made sure the drivers were the right way round. Jenson would easily have jumped Lewis in the pit stops and he showed after the safety car he had the pace to stick with Lewis quite easily as they both chopped through the lapped cars to try and chase down Alonso.

Jenson was wing-man to Lewis, it was pretty obvious to see.

You will see what you want to see. You clearly don't see Button as a good signing for McLaren so will always see his results and everything he says as a negative. In your eyes Jenson's sucess is only through 'luck' and all year at McLaren he's been complaining about a lack of pace in a car you seem to think is able to beat the Red Bulls & Ferraris, when in reality it's only been third fastest all year.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote: I remember when Williams asked leading Carlos Reutemann to let Alan Jones by at the 1981 Brazil GP.
Wow, how old are you! :lol:
Amusing how Red Bull are playing the PR game here. Them allowing Vettel to win has put Alonso in the strongest position of the trio.
Yet Red Bull maintain that allowing their guys to race is the fairest option.

I think if it was Vettel leading Webber in the points, But Webber leading Vettel at interlagos, the call would have been made for a switch .
Or am I being too cynical?
More could have been done.
David Purley

Mandrake
Mandrake

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Amusing how Red Bull are playing the PR game here. Them allowing Vettel to win has put Alonso in the strongest position of the trio.
Yet Red Bull maintain that allowing their guys to race is the fairest option.
Funny that you say Alonso is in the strongest position, I thought he was in the weakest or at least second weakest position. Given the performance of the two RBs it is likely they're gonna run in front of Alonso. Depending on where Alonso is positioned in the race, RB can decide which driver has to win the race to make sure they'll also supply the WDC. Alonso can only rely on himself, there is no teammate who could help him.

I left out the possibility of another mechanical or driver-related DNF....assuming the race happens with the same reliability like in Brasil.

marcush.
marcush.

Mark Webber is quite philosophical lately..maybe he will open his mouth after winning the silverware and voice his true emotions of late ...aussies can be quite outspoken
I imagine... I don´t think we will see him driving for RB next season.

marcush.
marcush.

just because they had a 1-2 in brasil this is not indicating they got reliability now..In fact Webber was asked to nurse his engine...and not to forget they had an engine failure with Vettel the race before...
So maybe they need to play more conservative with their engine maps in the last race..so chances are we see a more compact Q3?