[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Ft5fTL

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Any news for 2021?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

TalnoRacing

Would also like to know what's going on.

LVDH

Hi guys,
first of all sorry for having been so quiet for so long. I was just in a lot of stress. Some strange occurrence and unforeseen side effects made a larger impact to my life and work than expected.
A few times this year, I was getting very close to announcing a new season and then I got distracted once more and did not find the opportunity to get my part of MVRC done. Every time I start again, it takes some time to get my head back into our championship. The rules and files are almost done and we even have a cool feature in MFlow that allows for high rakes angles, while modifying the rear suspension geometry. I see good chances of having everything done end of next week! Likely we will have a season with 5 races but only two or three taking place in this year.

There will be MVRC 2021! And will do everything I can to finally get it announced very soon!

TheFissk

Life always has a way of messing with the best laid plans of mice and men. I appreciate the significant amount of work you put into administering this competition and totally understand that work and life comes first.

I'm looking forward to the new season

Ft5fTL

LVDH wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 16:57
Hi guys,
first of all sorry for having been so quiet for so long. I was just in a lot of stress. Some strange occurrence and unforeseen side effects made a larger impact to my life and work than expected.
A few times this year, I was getting very close to announcing a new season and then I got distracted once more and did not find the opportunity to get my part of MVRC done. Every time I start again, it takes some time to get my head back into our championship. The rules and files are almost done and we even have a cool feature in MFlow that allows for high rakes angles, while modifying the rear suspension geometry. I see good chances of having everything done end of next week! Likely we will have a season with 5 races but only two or three taking place in this year.

There will be MVRC 2021! And will do everything I can to finally get it announced very soon!
Dont worry about it, life should be always the #1 priority. Glad to hear from you.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

Almost done, but only almost. Tomorrow, I have a busy day, so you will have to wait a few more days...

TalnoRacing

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

RicME85

Been thinking about getting involved with this again. I have a server now that has dual Xeon E5645 (6 core/12threads each) with 24gb RAM to be able to run simulations on.
I REALLY want to move away from Sketchup but find my brain works much better with it. Has anyone here transitioned from Sketchup to Fusion360? I find it really easy to draw the lines I want in Sketchup around the included MVRC volumes etc but when I have tried various CAD programs I just cannot get my head around it, even when watching numerous Youtube tutorials.
I do 3D printing these days too so switching would be beneficial for that too.

I had my server setup with just Windows 10 but am in the process of moving over to Proxmox, I tried out MantiumFlow (version 2005 from the website) but it kept crashing, I assume this is due to the onboard graphics of the server as it worked fine on my desktop with a 1050ti. I did a test with the Shark tutorial by creating the case on my desktop and then running it on the server which worked well.

etsmc

RicME85 wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 16:28
Been thinking about getting involved with this again. I have a server now that has dual Xeon E5645 (6 core/12threads each) with 24gb RAM to be able to run simulations on.
I REALLY want to move away from Sketchup but find my brain works much better with it. Has anyone here transitioned from Sketchup to Fusion360? I find it really easy to draw the lines I want in Sketchup around the included MVRC volumes etc but when I have tried various CAD programs I just cannot get my head around it, even when watching numerous Youtube tutorials.
I do 3D printing these days too so switching would be beneficial for that too.

I had my server setup with just Windows 10 but am in the process of moving over to Proxmox, I tried out MantiumFlow (version 2005 from the website) but it kept crashing, I assume this is due to the onboard graphics of the server as it worked fine on my desktop with a 1050ti. I did a test with the Shark tutorial by creating the case on my desktop and then running it on the server which worked well.
I was running Mantium Flow in a VM on VMWare for a long time but after a certain version (I forget which one) the GUI stopped working, I believe the issue is with OpenGL and the 3D visual we get of the car.
Not sure about Hardware passthrough on Proxmox, you may be able to pass the GPU to the VM, however, this will probably need a second GPU in the host.

I too struggled with trying to get away from Sketchup, i tried both FreeCAD and Inventor but just could not work out getting things from a 2D Drawing to a 3D object other than extrusion, doing this my car ended up looking like a Tesla Truck.

RicME85

Its weird isnt it. I find Sketchup to be like a 3D version of MS Paint and my brain just works with it :D

I have a cheap Quadro arriving today that I was going to passthrough, hopefully that will do the trick.

etsmc

RicME85 wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:37
Its weird isnt it. I find Sketchup to be like a 3D version of MS Paint and my brain just works with it :D

I have a cheap Quadro arriving today that I was going to passthrough, hopefully that will do the trick.
Any luck with the Quadro card, the other thing to note from what I remember was that the GUI also does not work when using windows remote desktop.

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 17:22
Almost done, but only almost. Tomorrow, I have a busy day, so you will have to wait a few more days...
Are we just going to wait for 2022 now? :D Totally sympathetic that life just does its thing and gets in the way some times.
MVRC - Panthera

LVDH

I am on this again and have no other plans for this week, so lets hope we get some good news by Friday...

LVDH

OK,
looks like I am pretty slow with getting the rules fixed. I am on it though and will dedicate next week to this as well, so we should get there.
Sorry for sounding like a record player, we will get there soon...