Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
wesley123

Re: Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

Look, there you have it. We havent attacked you in any way but you react like someone shot your mother in the face.

Not to mention you have not rendered most of your pics
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Monster_Energy_F1

Whenever possible I have. I'm just not open to ridiculous critism. I will write what I want on my topic and if people don't like it then don't read it. Yours and Flyfrogs comments were not F1 related and overall unneccessary.

wesley123

You think it is unneccessary because it is directed at you. You have absolutely no idea how others in the topic feel about your comments, see it through another ones mind. Wouldnt you get annoyed by overly asking for attention, and when there is some criticism going on about what you have just showed the person comes up with 'But I'm only 14' that is just bs and annoying like hell. I have autism, and currently am depressed and a few other things but you dont see me throwing around with it either do you? because no one gives a damn about it. It isnt like I cant make good models because I have autism, and neither is being 13. On the other hand, experience is, and although you are getting more experienced day by day you do nothing with any criticism. Apart from getting angry or saying you are 13. And that is what annoys me, you come on the thread asking for attention to show something big. Then it is largely the same as before and criticism wasnt even remotely taken into account.

Take a look at your front wing, over the whole topic it was told at least 4 times that the front wing was too short-chord. And still nothing changed. Also that the wing profiles were weird and looked wrong, yet nothing has changed. Or the end plate of it, how that wouldnt work, yet nothing has changed. Or about the whole cars proportions, you have done nothing about it.

You are asking for a certain attention and respect from your fellow forum members, but you dont get it back. How many times you had asked me for input over msn, and how little I see was done with the input.

But if you feel offended by it, if you feel what I said isnt nice maybe you should do something with this criticism and other criticism that was given, and people actually might just look at your model, give nice input into the model and the attention you want.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

CottrellGP

flynfrog wrote:
Monster_Energy_F1 wrote:Yeh, guys let's not get this one locked. I'm sorry for my part in getting Richards locked. Maybe the moderators can do something, because the guys designs are actually quite decent.

Anyway, I've not got much access but if enough people (4/5) say they are interested I can deffo show what I have designed. And I'm saying before hand this isn't Dan's one.

You can tell;

Dom
stop begging for attention either post your stuff or don't talk about it.
Yes it is my front wing :P and if your car beats me this weekend which it looks like i will, ill quit nar am jokin :) because alot of hard work has gone into my car these last weeks lol :lol:
Last edited by CottrellGP on 12 Aug 2012, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

AlpineF1

seriously like 12 posts since i warned you all i think everyones been a little harsh on Dom this is his thread and he can do as he wishes i have Aspergers syndrome which is on the autistic spectrum like you wesley but i think you Dom and flynfrog need to calm down please im interested in these type of threads dont let this go like Richards thread....
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Monster_Energy_F1

Right. How about we start fresh?

I recieved an official board warning so I'm toeing the line. I take on board critism Wesley, I just don't show everything that I t don'tdo.
And Dan; 22 days till racing :D. But don't worry I'm not using your FW; but one of my own which I'll show in a couple of days. Also you have this misconception that only you work hard on your car and that my cars just magically appeared. I used bad parts on the old car. My new one is all by me; you can tell.

CottrellGP

I know your new car is all new Dom :lol:
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

MIKEY_!

I appreciate the return to the technical matters guys keep it up, I'm keen to see this new wing etc

Monster_Energy_F1

Hey everyone.

No updates in a while. He are a few pictures.
No 1 shows my idea of air being helped along to the beam wing using aerofoil.

No 2 is a picture of my car from a side (well kinda) view.

@Mikey, all the ideas you sent me, especially the floor ones don't show here because these are dated renders, but all will be visible when I launch the car for singapore. New floor, sidepods, monkey seat, exhausts, engine cover, airbox, front wing, bargeboards and everything has been tweaked so the flow is better!

Dom :)

It's not done though :D

N12ck

Hi Dom,

great work as always, your learning better, I believe if you strip the car back to simplicity, and work on perfecting aero profiles you can gain a lot of performance rather than all these 'trick' pieces, remember smooth and simple, perfect that, then add VG's and 'trick' bits.

The aerofoil that 'helps the air to the beamwing' is counter productive for 3 reasons:

1: its immediately behind the cooling outlet (so it has an immediate blockage ahead of it so it wouldn't help the air anyways)

2: It is a lift generating aerofoil (reducing downforce)

3: A neutral aerofoil would do the job, but IMHO I don't believe it is legal,

The VG's on the sidepods are curved the wrong way, this will not help sidepod flow much, and the rear wing is levitating somehow

Hope that helps

Nick :)
Budding F1 Engineer

Monster_Energy_F1

Thanks Nick that was great :D

Gonna fix it all. And yeah the Rear Wing is floating :/ that's Sketchup for you. Never mind.

What's a neutral aerofoil?

Good night,

Dom

N12ck

Monster_Energy_F1 wrote:Thanks Nick that was great :D

Gonna fix it all. And yeah the Rear Wing is floating :/ that's Sketchup for you. Never mind.

What's a neutral aerofoil?

Good night,

Dom
a neutral aerofoil is one which doesnt generate lift or downforce, but I think the placement of that wing is illegal due to radius rules
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy

i'm not even sure you would gain anything from having VG's on your sidepods - they don't look like they slope down?
Monster_Energy_F1 wrote:What's a neutral aerofoil?
Aren't the cameras on the f1 cars neutral? I might be wrong. But look at there shape

Monster_Energy_F1

Just a random render to pass time. Mirrors look awful though.

What's left: Bargeboards, Monkey Seat, Front Wing, Wheel Alignment and a bit of bodywork! :D

Nearly done and Singapore in relation to the FS calender is beginning on Friday 23rd September. Should be done by then. :P

Thanks,

Dom
Last edited by Monster_Energy_F1 on 13 Sep 2012, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.