Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AlpineF1

Re: Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

Hi Dom i think it would be an advantage to sculpt the sidepods so that the vortex generators are put to better use, is that a good idea
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Monster_Energy_F1

Can you elaborate via email quickly?

AlpineF1

Emailed you :D
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

MIKEY_!

looking forward to it dom :)

Monster_Energy_F1

Here is an image to show off how smooth everything is, as well as a pic of the exhausts. Diffuser volume has been maximised for optimum downforce. (probably).

Regards,

Dominic

Monster_Energy_F1

What are we thinking in terms of floor cutouts @Mikey?

Re-regards,

Dom

MIKEY_!

getting warmer, dom. pictures of this part of the car are hard to come by so i'll use my car:
now this is by no means a perfect shape but it gives the key elements. the outer part of the floor which tapers to a point on your car needs to be wider, also it should be shaped to force air under the floor as it comes around the front of the sidepod. in effect, move the cutout inwards so its inner edge is level with the t-tray and angle the lip of the cutout upward to force air under the floor kind of like a small venturi

you need not use a two element version like mine, as it would be very complicated to build in sketchup i expect
good luck :)

CottrellGP

Your car seems to be very un-parallel and with lots of pieces not joined together properly, before you kick of this is constructive criticism.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

Monster_Energy_F1

Thanks Dan. The project is over for now. FS has shut down.

N12ck

The car is getting much better, smoother and simpler, keep up the great work dom
Budding F1 Engineer

Monster_Energy_F1

Thanks Nick! :D

I'm not sure to continue this project following the collapse of Formula Sketch.

AlpineF1

What happened to it? i was told they had investment from some Americans not long ago.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Monster_Energy_F1

I can't tell you the details but you can see what has happened.

wesley123

AlpineF1 wrote:What happened to it? i was told they had investment from some Americans not long ago.
Well probably that was a lie to.

It's pretty much simple; They start the year with a pretty cool concept, with a show every friday before a race which was fun. Then they decided it was fun to show, in a show which has only 6-7 viewers, commercials in the show. Not only does it annoy the hell out of everyone watching, you only earn like 15 cent with it.

Then we come to the following; The results were barely in time, and most likely had huge mistakes in it, that is something I can look past by.

Oh yeah and then we come to this; It was actually ran like it was some sort of multinational company, which it obviously was not. At this point pretty much no one put any effort anymore in updating their cars, which I can understand. On the other hand, because of that, it gave me the feeling the crew just let FSketch rot.

Then they came introducing a lot of things, things anyone could see would never work, they sounded cool, but on execution it would never work.

After this everyone just let it rot and rot more, and pretty much no one was left.

Out of that, there were a lot of lies, and from my pov the teams were taken for granted and were giving the middle finger most of the time. Lies were there about CFD, how cars were rated etc. etc. These were things that no one would mind about if it wasnt true and they just took a view of the car and gave it a rating on that, to me that wouldnt matter at all.

After that it went further downhill and further downhill, until out of a sudden it was closed down(last weekend).

While I must confess I am a bit angry about it all I had a fun few months competing with the guys in FSketch, it was fun to develop the car and watching my team come out fastest where it started out 5th fastest.

I hope the FSketch team takes this as criticism and hope they revive the concept soon, but then properly organised. I am confident that 90% of the entrys would continue their effort if the FSketch does too, that means that the results would be there between like 2-3PM, were correct and everyone was honest with each other and put their effort in it.

I can certainly understand that the crew was busy sometimes, but that is what proper planning is for, so that everyone knows what he/she can expect. And also when those expectation couldnt be met that it was informed in time.

The setup of FSketch is really fun and if they make a restart again I would sure join again, and then hope it is properly executed
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

astracrazy

why don't you join the Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge?