RicME Motorsport - RME-001

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

RicME Motorsport - RME-001

I stumbled across F1 Technical the other day and have barely left. On one of my many visits came across some of the great designs for cars that users have come up with and then stumbled across Formula Sketch. I made an enquiry to see if I could get some details to try and hone skills for next season but had my arm twisted into entering this season. Problem is I have no CAD skills! Ive been messing around with the beginners pack that you get from Formula Sketch upon signing up but its giving me a headache, I have drawn the odd sidepod and nose cone but have failed in attaching them to the template and if I have managed to get close there isnt continuity, I cant create the flowing lines needed.

Is there anyone here interested in working together to produce a car to run in this seasons Formula Sketch Championship? I know time is short, maybe you have a design in the process of being finished or have created on already but didnt have the time to do the championship.

I have a team account set up so just looking for a car. Im happy to take someone elses car for this season until I can get my head around Google Sketchup and CAD drawing in general or if someone wants to work together to design something Im happy to sketch some bits out on paper for input in CAD software.

Anyway, enough waffle, any takers?

krisfx

Re: Formula Sketch - CAD Drawing Help

I'm looking at designing my own F1 car so I don't have to do solidworks exams for the next few years, i'm also in a similar boat to you, although I have a year or two of basic cad practice so i'd love to follow someone who knows what they're doing.

astracrazy

ye i joined that championship, or applied anyway. They haven't come back to me yet. I've made some models just never finished them - not in sketch either. How long did it take them to come back to you?

RicME85

I had been in email contact with them as I wanted to try and get the starter pack to just have a play about but they twisted my arm into just joining anyway.
I was accepted pretty much straight away.

Could join forces if you want? Race under my team name, have signed Barrichello and Buemi as drivers, were the best of what was left imo.

What program have you been using?
Maybe Google Sketchup is my problem, maybe I should try some other software and see if it gets me anywhere.

astracrazy

it was a while ago, on my old pc i had a copy of autocad or something like that. Don't ask how i got it. I wanted to make an rfactor model but never happened.

That what i want (there starter pack) just to see if i can do it on google sketch. I might just try making something tonight as a tester anyway. If i don't hear anything by the weekend then lets do it. I'll pm you.

RicME85

I was slightly disappointed by the starter pack, when I was in email correspondence with the guys behind the game they said their was some pre-made parts to use but in actually fact there is 3 different aerofoil styles in 2d, a basic car layout (wheels in 4 corners and a driver in his cockpit position but without bodywork around him plus engine and gearbox and a final template which has a bit more detail, like the tub added around the driver plus the regulation boxes placed around it. PM if oyu are interested and I will email what I have, it could give you a head start if we join forces :)

jordangp

I thought Richard was astracrazy :lol: What entry are you then astracrazy?

astracrazy

i'm not they haven't e-mailed me back

jordangp

what is the name of ur proposed team though :lol:

RicME85

jordangp wrote:I thought Richard was astracrazy :lol: What entry are you then astracrazy?
That would be erm....me :lol:

jordangp

I'm aware of your entry Richard, but I've been in talks with astracrazy for some while, and I am yet to know which proposed entry is his

astracrazy

LB Racing

(i think :roll:)

astracrazy

to be honest Richard, i think we've got two weeks left to complete our car? might as well join forces for this season?

jordangp

Ok, if you guys wanna join up together, I can inform Ben (CEO) if you want?

RicME85

Sounds like a plan to me.
Im currently downloading some new CAD software but living in the sticks means its coming down the line very very slowly #-o