Variante: my F1 car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
astracrazy

Re: Variante: my F1 car

looks good well done. love the back end of the sidepod

low nose again?

variante

Thank you guys.

Low nose? Yes, i may need an extra bit of DF at the front, but anyway not so low considering that the car has 0 rake.
Many teams in the past decided to go low nose, which tells me that the difference is not so radical. Also, in order to make an high nose effective, i suspect i would need a CFD analysis.

CottrellGP

Very very very nice, love the colour as well and the rear end, what render settings and program did you use, i never seem to have good quality renders like that.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

RicME85

Dan - If you use Kerkythea make sure you download the various material packs from the Kerky website. Once you load your car into it from SU apply materials and then render on Preset 3 to make sure everything is sorted and you have the angle you want then use 17 or 19 to render but beware, this will take a LONG time.

CottrellGP

RicME85 wrote:Dan - If you use Kerkythea make sure you download the various material packs from the Kerky website. Once you load your car into it from SU apply materials and then render on Preset 3 to make sure everything is sorted and you have the angle you want then use 17 or 19 to render but beware, this will take a LONG time.
Cheers Rich, i have Kerky but its just the normal one and it takes around 2 minutes to render, so i know what i am doing wrong now, thanks!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

RicME85

the render of my car from the side wasnt completed yet it had been processing for over 16 hours. I reckon it would of been triple that if I let it complete.

variante

CottrellGP wrote:
RicME85 wrote:Dan - If you use Kerkythea make sure you download the various material packs from the Kerky website. Once you load your car into it from SU apply materials and then render on Preset 3 to make sure everything is sorted and you have the angle you want then use 17 or 19 to render but beware, this will take a LONG time.
Cheers Rich, i have Kerky but its just the normal one and it takes around 2 minutes to render, so i know what i am doing wrong now, thanks!
Yes, i used Kerkythea and downloaded a couple of packs, but didn't really need them. As for the material i mostly used plastic (basic pack). What gave me that result are the "diffuse", "specular" and "reflection" settings: play with them (change % of the black/white side). For a complete render it took me like 5 minutes (i do not have a supercomputer, so Ric, you are doing something wrong).

RicME85

which preset do you use then?
I have used a number of different types of materials and found that only using preset 17 and 19 gave the best definition and those will take a lot of computing.
its a known fact that to render large images to high detail takes a lot of time.

variante

Is this what you mean with preset: "17 path tracing - progressive" and "19 metropolis light transport" ?
In fact i didn't change anything like that in Kerky; i decided which lights to use on sketchup.

RicME85

yes thats it, they are nothing to do with lights, they are to do with quality