Porsche F1 model 2012 - Karayaone

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
karayaone

Porsche F1 model 2012 - Karayaone

Hi there! I've been reading this forum for a while now and seeing the amazing projects posted here I decided to post here my cration too! It's my first post on this forum so be gentle!

Started modelling in 3ds max for 6 months now, and I have so much to learn!
Altough being inspired in some parts, it's all of "my" design.
Been working on it for a week. hard to make it like you want it, but i've reached an interesting outcome.
I know it will not be legal or ideal, but I tend to make my cars look beautiful too!
Anyway, I know this a pure elitist web, but I thought I could post some images for you, maybe you see something you like!!!

Well, I can post more renders If you want it, and, of course, I hope you like it!

MIKEY_!

Re: Porsche F1 model 2012 - Karayaone

Who cares if it's a bit illegal here and there when the car looks this good! By far the best finished model I have seen on this site, be proud of yourself =D> =D> =D> . What's the wheelbase?

Ted68

Wow! Bloody excellent. Thanks for the new background screen!

So what are you planning for your second post? :lol:
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

mx_tifoso

Great work! But I would love to see it comply with the current regulations. I really like the tall rear wings. :oops:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

MemroableC

Only way this would be better is if the front wing was about 150mm thinner, then it would be perfect 10/10

karayaone

Thank you all for the replys! I'm glad you like it!! Here I'll post a few renders more for you!
First of all, I designed a DRS system which, I think, is completely illegal. But I haven't found f1 regulations anywhere (haven't searched them hardcore mode) and I don't really know. I'm pretty sure you'll give me the answer I want!
This is the controversial DRS I''m talking. I just wanted to hide the moveable flap behind the big wing, offering only 1 obstacle. Maybe it's illegal, maybe it's completely useless, but works in my mind!

A nice Top view for you

Rear view. ( I love the exhaust, altough, again, it' may be Illegal xD)

As for your reviews, I would love to make a completely legal car, but with my inexperience in 3ds max, preise measures and working with areas are still a pain for me.
And don't forget I'm not english, so I apologize for all the errors that can make you think "what the **** did he wrote?" .
Mikey, I don't understand what you mean with "wheelbase". If you mean the distance between the 2 axis, I truly don't know xD. I took a legal f1 reference for that, but I don't know if the blueprint was exact!

Cuky

Nice modelling here =D>

But I think that DRS system would be illegal. If I am not mistaken, flap should open upwards opening a slot no larger than 50mm.

And if I may request, I would like to see diffuser from better angle :)

JackHammer

That car looks incredible, legal or not it's a beauty
I'd love to do something similar but my 3d modelling skills are so poor I can't even draw a simple box :lol:

MIKEY_!

yep wheelbase is the distance between the front and rear axles. looks shorter than the W02 which was very short but don't worry about the exact distance, I'm just interested.

karayaone

@ cuky I didn't have a render made of the diffuser, but I did this for you! It isn't really extraordinary. Wasn't expecting this render so I didn't pay much attention to it!
I reduced the antialiasing to shorten the duration of the render (about 30 min with this model) but you can still see the details i think.

I've been working on another 2012 f1 lately, a bit more radical, and i''ve focused more on the diffuser. I'll show you when i get it finished.

On a related topic, I've designed before 4 f1 more. those 4 are also fictional. But they are old ('75,'76,'79, '85).
Those still count as engineering projects and can be posted?
Plus, on those 4, I've made the engine too!

MemroableC

I preformed some highly technical analyses that relies on 2 key assumptions, firstly that the floor is at maximum width, and secondly the top down render was taken from directly on top.

I cropped the image to the width of the floor then in solid works set that to 1400mm with a locked aspect ratio. I then found the wheel center lines and gave it a measure.
Give or take a few mils.

karayaone

so amazing to see you find the wheelbase of my car! Thanks for the effort! I have now a number!

MIKEY_!

Well it certainly is short then! I'd love to see those other models if they are anywhere near as good as this one and I'm sure others would too :D

Cuky

Thanks for nice underside shot. Looks nice and clean. Great modelling mate.