Honda F1 2012 model - karayaone

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Cuky

Re: Honda F1 2012 model - karayaone

nice detailing man! Well done =D>

as for legality, as long as exhausts are placed like in this Scarbs' sketch and are angled upwards between 10°and 30° they should be legal

For more details, here is Scarbs' post on exhausts
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/10/2 ... n-effects/

karayaone

thanks! Now I can focus on other parts!

karayaone

About the thickness of any part of the front wing... It applies only to the "part" facing forward? or the rear part of the wing must also be 10mm thick?

I know this must be written in the rules but my english is not that good and I can't really find pictures of the rear part of a front wing.

Thanks in advance!

MemroableC

Basically its the end plate.

If you refer to drawing 1A in the appendix and read the entry for 3.4.2 it will show you where this area is

karayaone

After some hard working... my "maybe" legal wing! I am still working on it , but I think this one could be a legal one. I really hope so! Thanks for all the backup and help!

YOU can still tell me "this is not legal" if you point me out what isn't correct. I'll fix it!

hecti

karayaone wrote:After some hard working... my "maybe" legal wing! I am still working on it , but I think this one could be a legal one. I really hope so! Thanks for all the backup and help!

YOU can still tell me "this is not legal" if you point me out what isn't correct. I'll fix it!
That looks really cool, but if you wan it to be legal you can download the technical regulations from the fia website. In the appendix there are technical drawings so you can get a better idea of what is legal.

MadMatt

Your model, although you didn't show us much of it, looks very detailed ! =D>

danwebber

hey great work! :) cant wait to see the end result... if only Honda returned to F1... then again same with Toyota, who knows maybe a couple of race wins by now if they hadnt pulled out..