LB-01 - Astracrazy's model

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

Re: LB-01 - Astracrazy's model

CottrellGP wrote:
And now it says im not authorized to download :(
You made sure you are logged in to that forum first?

ckilger12

HEY.........I Just joined the forum and was looking at some of your models....they look good. I would like to attempt to do something like this. I am assuming you are doing components and assembling them correct?

astracrazy

people use different ways. Most i think use the push and pull tool. Although i didn't really use that. You need to try and avoid making everything separate because you need to keep the flow and joins. I made a real basic shape of my sidepods, engine cover etc using push/pull then changed things using other ways i found on youtube. I guess theirs no right and wrong way just what you find easiest.

Also use the round corner plug in. Its really handy. Wish i had it from the start.

There is many different ways of doing things, youtube is a good tool to learn

edit: also mark out the regulation boxes first and design inside them. You don't want to make your car then try and fit it in the rules

astracrazy

hi guys

cars coming along well. question for soon though. I know i can add textures in sketch up, how do you add a livery? I want to try and add all my textures etc. before i render. Is this possible?

also, what rules allow the monkey seat? or what loop hole allows this? I'm looking everywhere to find out what the max height/width can be but i'm not sure where i should be looking!

N12ck

Central 15cm below and on the rear wing (not behind though)
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy

is anyone here able to run cfd on a front wing i've made to help me understand the airflow? If not, any suggestions what i can do?

cheers guys

Monster_Energy_F1

Can we see please?

astracrazy

heres an update for how far i've got, comments welcome. first time i've done this so anything i can learn from (modelling and aero wise)

RicME85

Its coming along nicely, shame things never got off the ground for me and you working together.

astracrazy

i know mate, i just didn't have the time i thought. Took up to today to do the above from when we spoke about it