AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AlpineF1

Re: AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Yeah thanks, just noticed that :lol: i'm not sure what i'll do which would have a better outcome :D
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

astracrazy

remove it all together

as i understand it, if i'm wrong please correct me, teams use the wing tip ends to generate vortices

AlpineF1

Thats what i've done my computers playing up so it took 20 minutes #-o front wings are not my strong point :)
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

Just take a good look at front wing evolution from 2009 and on, take a good look at the details and you'll learn pretty quickly
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

AlpineF1

Theres an update soon that doesn't comply with any regulation, i'm pretty sure anyway i just want to know what the effect would be. Testing my aerodynamic knowledge so prepare to cringe :wink:
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Here it is, what its meant to do is straighten airflow around the wheels and smoothen airflow to the coke bottle zone
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

imo air there is already pretty clean. It has only hit the outside face of the end plate. Winglets could help, but really small ones.

For example a lot of teams put in a small plate on the top of the end plate, which stops air mixing/air spillage

AlpineF1

Do you have a picture mate? thanks for helping out really appreciate it :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

You see the small lips at the end of the end plate.

McLAren and I believe Red Bull both have small bumps there in that area which do the same thing.

AlpineF1

Ah i see thanks a lot i'll do that sometime just rendering another image done some work on the diffuser today :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Apologies you cant see much difference but its at least 1 hours work :lol: made some changes to the floor and added some bulges.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Made some changes to the endplate rendered pictures will be on soon :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Sorry about the logo new front wing color scheme and some added parts :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

RicME85

Have you tried using Kerkythea to do the rendering?

AlpineF1

I downloaded it but it doesnt support sketchup is there a plugin do you know?? :oops:
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook