AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
astracrazy

Re: AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

ok i get you now mate

N12ck

astracrazy wrote:ok i get you now mate
For example, wheelbase affects laptime, longer wheelbase = slower round certain corners ... E.g : Monaco hairpin, so we want to isolate pure aero data to affect laptime
Budding F1 Engineer

MaddMike

Nice work!

AlpineF1

MaddMike wrote:Nice work!
Thanks mate! welcome to the forum :D
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Does it have to be exactly 3400 because mine is 3442 :roll:
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Oh wait some calculating means if the wheel is moved 56.31 mm away from the end of the front wing it is 3404 is that ok?? :D
or is it illegal
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Well this is 2 hours work :lol: mainly due to the fact i am the most ridiculously slow designer on planet earth, it should comply with all regulations now i think, then again i may have said that around half a dozen times now so.. :lol:
I included sabalcores logo as it is nice of them to sponsor the challenge :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

N12ck

Almost there, but I ask, why didn't you just build the car on the regulation boxes, it would have been easier :)
Budding F1 Engineer

AlpineF1

I didn't design it for the KVRC it just so happens that it isn't too far of the regulations :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Does anybody want some pictures of my test chassis? i'm not begging for attention its just as a mac user screenshotting is a faff just like all apple products :lol:
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Monster_Energy_F1

I do! :D

AlpineF1

Here you are mate testing a shark fin engine cover today
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Whats too long? :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook