Formula 1 Technical Research paper ideas

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
momo123

Formula 1 Technical Research paper ideas

I am assigned to do a 13 page essay at school.
We are to write about a topic/problem and I chose Formula 1 but I have no idea what to write about in specific. Any ideas to fill up proximately 13 pages?

N12ck

Re: Formula 1 Technical Research paper ideas

I ask what isn't there to write about in 13 pages, I could write 100's of pages to do with F1,

you got :

Aerodynamics - possibly the most to write about
Suspension
Engine
Gearbox
Cooling
Tyres
Materials
and many more
Budding F1 Engineer

momo123

Well I guess you could write 100s of pages but I don't have much knowledge on cars to begin with (female student), let alone Formula 1. But it seemed like a very intriguing topic to write on. My teacher was very vague about what she wants from this project so I guess I could make it mainly on Aerodynamics and all the rest of the topics as well. Thank you so much! :)

N12ck

momo123 wrote:Well I guess you could write 100s of pages but I don't have much knowledge on cars to begin with (female student), let alone Formula 1. But it seemed like a very intriguing topic to write on. My teacher was very vague about what she wants from this project so I guess I could make it mainly on Aerodynamics and all the rest of the topics as well. Thank you so much! :)
if you need any aero questions asked, ask on f1technical, someone will know the answer, I would advise understanding how an Aerofoil works and how that helps an f1 car get round corners faster (to start with basics)
Budding F1 Engineer

marcush.

I don´t think F1 aero will be a very good topic for a 13pager.
What about pitstops ?
you can write about wheel retention technology ,human factors ,time to be lost and gained due to all the contraining factors and you can draw comparisons to a wheelchange in a normal garage..

AlpineF1

The history? it all comes down to what made you choose it in the first place :)
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Kiril Varbanov

momo123 wrote:Well I guess you could write 100s of pages but I don't have much knowledge on cars to begin with (female student), let alone Formula 1. But it seemed like a very intriguing topic to write on. My teacher was very vague about what she wants from this project so I guess I could make it mainly on Aerodynamics and all the rest of the topics as well. Thank you so much! :)
I understand the interest, but choosing the topic and expressing proper requirements I couldn't. I mean, how come the teacher just assigns you certain theme? What if it was nuclear physics?

Anyway, for aero related stuff, I can offer my F1 Aero glossary, which should be a good start.

mzivtins

Aero is a great choice!

It doesn't even really need to delve into technical details, the FIA and rule regulations over the years have changed to squish out some of the most amazing aero designs... so it is a real problem for the designers etc... I'd love to see a good paper written on the policing of aero design by the FIA in F1, with good references to the old 'fan' car etc, it could be a great read with very simple aerodynamic terms that nearly everyone could grasp!

You are dead right, its a bloody interesting subject to write about!