Brendon's F1 car project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Owen.C93

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

brendon wrote:Hi guys,im trying to draw up a simple f1 car for my project,can anyone help me? i need to know dimentions because right now im starting from scratch.i would appreciate any help. thanks
Dimensions of what? In any case, google F1 technical regulations 2012 and there will be a document which will specify the required dimensions of an F1 car that you can work to.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

Re: CaterhamF1 CT-01 Renault

brendon wrote:Hi guys,im trying to draw up a simple f1 car for my project,can anyone help me? i need to know dimentions because right now im starting from scratch.i would appreciate any help. thanks
Just use the technical regulations and eyeball the details.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

brendon

Brendon's F1 car project

Does anyone have blueprints of an f1 car with measurements? I've looked at the f1 technical regulations too but blueprints would really help me alot. I would appreciate any help. thanks :)

Richard

Re: Brendon's F1 car project

Look at the regs here - http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/f1regs.html

Have a look at "Appendix to the 2012 FIA Formula One Technical Regulations". There are templates at the end of that doc that illustrate the basic bodywork rules. That'll give you the basic box that the car has to fit into.