F1 in Schools - World Finals Car Development Help

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RedShift F1
RedShift F1

F1 in Schools - World Finals Car Development Help

Hi all, I'm from an F1 in Schools team called "RedShift F1", and yesterday we came 3rd in the UK national finals, giving us a place to go to the WORLD FINALS in Texas!

As the design engineer of our team, I'm going to need a little advice on developments that we will hopefully be carrying out over the coming months, so that our car is truly capable of reaching a speed that is fast enough for the world finals!

So far, i've adopted an idea from a team which had competed at the world final last year, however, yesterday we realized that it wasn't the quickest, but it was still respectful enough to come 8th out of 31 cars!

Currently, in terms of development and innovative ideas, i'm lost... Hence why i've created this account in order to allow the community of people on this forum to help me.

Here are a few pictures of our regional car:

And here is our national car, with the pictures of some CFD testing:

CFD testing:

So any ideas/suggestions/help to lower drag and make the car faster?

tonymaverick835
tonymaverick835

Re: F1 in Schools - World Finals Car Development Help

Great car by the way team redshift. I have a couple of questions, first what is your coefficient of drag, the car's time, and was that car machined on a 3 axis cnc router. I am asking this as im facing the same problem as you are, and it will help me give you suggestions