1/18 F2012 Vettel test november 2014

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Rhodium

1/18 F2012 Vettel test november 2014

hello,

for thanking all guys who help me when i need pictures for my work, i post some pictures of my last model:

1/18 F2012 of Vettel november test...

kosioBG

Re: 1/18 F2012 Vettel test november 2014

it looks great! can you tell us something more, the story behind it, what's it made of, etc.

Rhodium

yes, why not.

in 2008, i have loosing my job.
i made some models for my personnal collection, and i try to sold some cars on ebay, and customer was happy with.

i have deciding to take my chance, trying to live for my passion, and i have creating my entreprise: F1-création

i made this job since 7 years, and i have some customer all around the world.
i make only "real" cars, only cars who have make a GP or a test.

for this one, i made a "transkit", with all modified parts, like this one:

(i have made this one for German GP of Alonso in 2012)

i use pictures for made proto, décals and other details.

i work alone (but with some competent providers)

well... it's my atypical job.

jayeshrc

man, this looks great! where can i buy one of these from? and do you have a specific model range to choose from or can i get you to make a car of my own choice?

Rhodium

i can make all cars you want, it's just a money problem. but all is possible.

George-Jung

Wow, very nice sir!!

Sometimes something negative (like losing your job) can turn out to be a positive thing (like doing what you like most)..
Keep it up! =D>

Rhodium

thanks ! :wink:

Richard

Do you take a standard model then customise it? Do you just change the livery or do you also customise the bodywork too?

MadMatt

Fair play, I am surprised there is a market for high-end models tho, but that's good for you, keep us posted with your work! :)

kosioBG

by the way, do you think a handmade cardboard model in the same scale could be sold for a reasonable prise? I'd love to hear tips from someone who's experienced in selling.

RicME85

Richard wrote:Do you take a standard model then customise it? Do you just change the livery or do you also customise the bodywork too?
I was wondering the same.
I have seen various aftermarket kits that sell material seatbelts etc so was wondering if it was a case of just adding them along with a decent paint job or if there was some actual modifications to the plastic parts.

Rhodium

RicME85 wrote:
Richard wrote:Do you take a standard model then customise it? Do you just change the livery or do you also customise the bodywork too?
I was wondering the same.
I have seen various aftermarket kits that sell material seatbelts etc so was wondering if it was a case of just adding them along with a decent paint job or if there was some actual modifications to the plastic parts.
ok, i will try to explain: (sorry for my english, but, everybody know french people never make an effort for talk another language! :mrgreen: )

in fact, my work is diversified, sometime i make a model with little work on livery, sometime with big work on transkit, sometime i make a titan work with a complete model with zero base.

in this case, i had changed helmet, worked on tire, completed livery:

original car:

my model:

in this other case, i had make a transkit (a transkit is a transformation with a kit. So it's a kit that transforms an existing database.). in this case, some providers work for me: a person manufactures the prototype from HD photos, another person does the molding resin parts, another person is in charge of drawing and printing decals.
my role is to work on the idea, to find a theme for the model, making everyone work in symbiosis, and then charge me for the last part: painting, assembly, decoration models.

in fact, I control both ends of the completion string.

in this case, i use Transkit for this model:

base model:

+

my model:

in this last case, i use all my providers for 11 month, to make this big project: Williams FW11B of Piquet...
a titan project, with zero base, all is made by my providers for me...

for a car, I need 15 to 40 hours, depending on the complexity of the work ...

MadMatt wrote:Fair play, I am surprised there is a market for high-end models tho, but that's good for you, keep us posted with your work! :)
I was the first to be surprised when I tried! :mrgreen:

kosioBG wrote:by the way, do you think a handmade cardboard model in the same scale could be sold for a reasonable prise? I'd love to hear tips from someone who's experienced in selling.
i don't know really.
perhaps, you can try !

in all case, i'm really fan of your job, it's amazing. :shock:

RedlineRacing

Hey mate, are you able to make custom f1 models? I'm looking to get a 2015 spec model designed. Please PM me for further details.

ecapox

holy crap! Amazing job. start to finish.

Rhodium

next project !