Road car with the best grip and downforce

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CMSMJ1

Re: Road car with the best grip and downforce

Something that Radical makes I would guess?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NutritionFact

20.000 €? Used kitcar maybe? Everything what have lots of grip or downforce is expensive radiacal, bac mono, the super seven......

Want grip? Take a 4wd evo or impreza...
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

CMSMJ1

go look at the bridge to gantry website - there is a video of a mk2 golf with full underbody aero and 300bhp...that is awesome, and relatively cheap
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

tomislavp4

The Radical SRX has a (claimed) DF of 900kg, no mention at what speed though. It's technically road legal in Europe, I think. Road cars that are not road legal race cars? How about the P1? 600kg DF at 200-something kph.

PlatinumZealot

Nissan gtr probably?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

stez90

Caparo T1?

Pieoter

Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

It drives on the road, so is a road car

MadMatt

Can we use Newtons when we talk about force? Hurts my eyes seeing force in Kg on a technical forum :)

NoDivergence

It's definitely not SI, but kgf is a pretty easy concept to understand, yes? Easier for the layman than Newtons

Phil

PlatinumZealot wrote:Nissan gtr probably?
Good point. I don't think it has a lot of downforce though - I think it's mostly just mechanical grip. Big (wide) tyres, heavy car and very sophisticated 4WD system, lots of torque and blazing fast gear changes. It's a very good package. Certainly one of the cars with the most grip out of the box IMO.

I think once you get into hyper-car territory, it's hard to overlook cars such as the Zonda-F or something. Not even sure if the Huaryra is better than that, as it seems more "civilized". Radical is probably a good bet too, but I wouldn't call it a road-car (more like a kit-car). I mean, sure it's street legal in the UK and some other countries, but it's not exactly what I'd call a road car regardless.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

MadMatt

NoDivergence wrote:It's definitely not SI, but kgf is a pretty easy concept to understand, yes? Easier for the layman than Newtons
Easy to understand yes, but not SI as you said. What if I start writing downforce numbers in psi*m^2 ? :roll: Its not hard to write everything using SI isn't it? The concept of having the word "force" with "kg" in the same sentence is just wrong.

andylaurence

Phil wrote:Radical is probably a good bet too, but I wouldn't call it a road-car (more like a kit-car). I mean, sure it's street legal in the UK and some other countries, but it's not exactly what I'd call a road car regardless.
Its definitely not a kit car for the simple reason that you don't buy it as a kit of parts. It's a type approved road car that is road legal throughout most of Europe. Admittedly, its pretty impractical and the basis of the car is a racing car, but it is a road car.

Ogami musashi

The andre cars/Reynard inverter has demonstrated 1200kg of downforce at 135mph and the car is 470kg heavy in its road legal configuration.

Andre cars stoped producing it, now it is ATS (italian company) that markets it as ATS sport 1000.

Now i think it falls into the same "good luck on the road" category as the radical SR3...

markp

Dauer 962 roadcar? Maybe not now but must have been top of the pile for a while.