(KVRC) Brook Motorsport

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

(KVRC) Brook Motorsport

Finally managed to cobble together a car for the first race.
Going away for the weekend so no time to refine it but I intend to work on it again before the second race.
Not as extreme as some of the other cars we have seen but that is down to my limitations as a modeller and also because my health keeps me from being able to sit and model from time to time, the main aim was to get a base car for the first race and then change things as we go along.
Car has been sent to Chris for checking but thought I would show it anyway. Sorry about the low quality renders, will do better ones once Chris gets back to me.

machin

Re: (KVRC) Brook Motorsport

Looks good! I'm guessing that you'll have a lot less front downforce than Variente at the first round (!)... but it definitely looks to be a good starting point; nice a smooth base model which should lend itself to being able to be developed into an efficient race car....

Nice one!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

RicME85

Wanted to go for simple with this car, in previous years I have been drawn in to trying too many different concepts seen in F1 rather than working g on a simple stable platform.
I'm hoping the gap above the diffuser at the back of the car won't choke the airflow over the floor, if it does that will be the first change I will make.

You can't quite make out what is going on at the front of the car in these pics.
The central section of floor is raised like LMP1 cars. Above that is the front wing which you can see in white, it is almost as large as the wing shaped bodywork above it that covers the front suspension.

As you say, probably nowhere near as much front downforce as Variante has but I'm hoping for balance as that is something I have lacked in previous years.

wesley123

Looks really smooth, much smoother than the other KVRC cars.

While it may lack downforce(which is something I'm not even certain of) it looks much smoother, no incredibly blunt fenders or a huge, crude front wing.

It looks like an incredibly solid base
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

MadMatt

I like the simplicity of your model. I think you've got a good base here, and as machin said, the balance should be good right from the start, let's see what results you get! :D =D>

CAEdevice

I think that this car could be big surprise. The front diffuser can be as efficient as a front wing (or even more). Very good job!

variante

Indeed, very smooth and elegant (and aggressive as well from some angulations).

I don't quite understand the way you managed the rear suspension cover...i guess i'll find out in a few days.

Anyway, there are some points where i'd make immediatly some refinements, such as the side impact structures (that at this stage will lift quite a lot, or stall and disturb the airflows on the rear end of the car)

RicME85

Well, interesting couple of days.
PC was playing up and crashing SU to desktop as soon as it launches. Figured it out in the end, I have 3 screens running off two different graphics cards and it was having issues with loading up on the screen ran by the onboard Intel card.

Have made a few modifications to be rule compliant.

CAEdevice

I can't wait to see the results! Your car looks fast

matt21

Well done!

Reminds me of something:

MadMatt

Looks much better, good work that you've done here! However, I think the flow will not look very good over the rear wheel arch. The slope right after the highest point is too steep, maybe try to make it go down a bit less, or your flow will separate.

wesley123

I do think the central winglets reduce the effectiveness of the rear wing
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RicME85

I had to get a base out for the first race.
I've had some problems with health so not had time to work on the car as much as possible.

I am planning an update with revised sidepods that will hide the upper crash structure (which is what is inside that winglet).

RicME85

Thought I would share some shots from the results on my car.