F1 in Schools

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
blistering barnacles
blistering barnacles

F1 in Schools

Hi, I'm a student participating in the F1 in Schools World Finals 2015. I don't really know if this is the right place to post it, sorry. If it isn't please link me to it.
I have made a prototype and need reviews on it so that I can improve on my next designs.
Please comment if you need any more clarifications.

Here's the link to one of my model: http://imgur.com/a/Xsq2X

miqi23
miqi23

Re: F1 in Schools

Can you explain why have you designed it the way you have designed it?

CAEdevice

English is not my native speaking, but ... is there a difference between "design a car" and "draw a car"? :)

domh245
domh245

Design would imply some sort of conscious decision making about the car (choosing such and such a wing because it will generate good downforce without too much drag) whilst drawing a car would simply be putting pen to paper (or hand to mouse if you are a CAD user) and communicating how the car would look. Once a car has been designed, it can be drawn and revised, but usually they mean the same thing.

blistering barnacles
blistering barnacles

miqi23 wrote:Can you explain why have you designed it the way you have designed it?
Well, the main idea put behind this model is having a balanced center of mass. Additionally the front pods and the front wing evenly distributes air around and under the body. the elongated canister chamber gives a streamlined airflow minimizing the drag significantly.