Oportunity for an Aerodynamicist

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Facts Only

Oportunity for an Aerodynamicist

I am currently working on a (small) commercial motorsport project and have an opportunity that a budding/amateur/keen aerodynamicist may be interested in.

It would give you free reign to create something that would be sold and raced and so could be great for CV building or furthering your own career.

It would require working in 3D CAD to create something that could be made so you would need access to that.

You would be creating your own "Aero Pack"

I'm not going to put anymore details here to maintain my anonymity but if interested send me a private message.

There seem to be a lot of talented people on here so thought I would give it a try before looking elsewhere.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

miqi23

Re: Oportunity for an Aerodynamicist

If you are looking for someone ask for some one who actually knows what they are doing, I do not know what your project involves but if I were buying parts from you I want to make sure that it has been designed properly and not by some kid who gets to write aero on his CV in return.

Facts Only

What a poor attitude, we all started somewhere. I thought I might give someone an opportunity.

I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to go selling something that isn't upto standard or that doesn't work ,it will be fully tested beforehand.

It seems this is the way of the internet now, people with no useful contribution jumping in with ill informed criticism.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

RicME85

Variante would be the person I would go to. Designs so nice stuff in KVRC and is getting aero qualifications at the moment iirc

bhall II

^ seconded.

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote:Variante would be the person I would go to. Designs so nice stuff in KVRC and is getting aero qualifications at the moment iirc
Variante would be ok, he has my positive feedback, I can support him with CAD if needed.

everythingisawesome

Facts Only wrote:What a poor attitude, we all started somewhere. I thought I might give someone an opportunity.

I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to go selling something that isn't upto standard or that doesn't work ,it will be fully tested beforehand.

It seems this is the way of the internet now, people with no useful contribution jumping in with ill informed criticism.

Agreed.

I wish more people had your attitude, it's opportunities like this that breed talent.
I started in a little office with 2 engineers and a person like yourself that gave me an opportunity. :)

Tim.Wright

miqi23 wrote:If you are looking for someone ask for some one who actually knows what they are doing
The motorsport industry is full of people who claim to "know what they are doing". Absolutely full... Yet I could count the number of decent engineers I've met there on one hand.

Due to this, it's often more useful to take a junior with a good recommendation over a self proclaimed expert.
Not the engineer at Force India

Facts Only

CAEdevice wrote:
RicME85 wrote:Variante would be the person I would go to. Designs so nice stuff in KVRC and is getting aero qualifications at the moment iirc
Variante would be ok, he has my positive feedback, I can support him with CAD if needed.
Maybe you would like to collaborate on it?

RicME85

No good with CAD unfortunately. Sketchup Im not too bad with but a proper CAD package is beyond me despite trying to learn multiple times

CAEdevice

Facts Only wrote:
CAEdevice wrote:
Maybe you would like to collaborate on it?
I am a professional mechanical engineer (see the link below, sorry all is written in italian... but there are many pictures :) ), with more than ten years experience in mechanical design and structural simulation. I am quite a beginner about aerodynamics: except for what I studied while graduating and for personal interests, my professional experience started less than 2 years ago. I could be interested to collaborate on it (I would need to know more), but Variante has a deeper knowledge than me in the specific field.