[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

I never used OCCFD.
Right now there is a fast option available in MantiumWFlow MVRC edition. You will see soon. The mesh created there is about 1.5e6 cells large.
MantiumWFLow allows you to customize the simulations if you like. So you could make the cases faster if you want. I noticed that the main issue with coarsening up the case is that CoP gets shifted. So you have to find out how the fine and coarse results correlate. And as it is most likely vehicle specific that is your job.

Alonso Fan

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

A huge thanks to HP-Racing for the instructions

Edit: I was wondering that if in the future, bash integration in windows 10 could be used?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Hi guys,

I have to apologize for the delay with MantiumWFlow. As I am not a web expert, it took me a while to get a data exchange platform "running".
This and some last minute minor fixes with MantiumWFlow on Windows are done now. You might have noticed the login button.

But as I am now tired I will roll it out to the registered participants tomorrow. As it will only be distributed to registered teams, please sign up if you have not done so.
Also Chris has fixed the last missing pieces of the rule book and CAD files. This will also have to wait until tomorrow.

I hope everyone used the time to get their Windows version of OF running properly. Once more, a big thanks to HP-Racing.

Alonso Fan

sorry, I forgot to add this pic in my earlier post

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

HP-Racing

No problem, we're happy to help!

Alonso Fan

btw, has the email been sent out yet?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

cdsavage

RicME85 wrote:So whats going on with the Intro class? Chris? Machin?
Looks like it won't be offered for round 1, sorry. There's probably not going to be enough time to adapt the supplied parts to the opt2 cooling rules.

RicME85

Guess I won't be racing then.
Not got time to sit and do something legal for race one especially as sitting at my PC for any length of time at the moment is painful as my arm is still pretty swollen.
Shame but means I don't have to stress about getting a car ready before I have a mini break just before submission.

HP-Racing

Since the first race is only 2 weeks away, we have a quick rule question regarding the inlets an outlets of the cooling ducts.

aussuming I had something like in the following picture. What would be considered the outlet surface?

Is it number 1 or 2? Or neither of them?

Thanks!

cdsavage

HP-Racing wrote:Is it number 1 or 2? Or neither of them?

http://i.imgur.com/2eq2ea4.png

Thanks!
It's up to you, as long as you meet all the requirements in K4.1 Keep in mind that there's a 30deg rotation limit for the inlet and outlet surfaces.

HP-Racing

cdsavage wrote:
HP-Racing wrote:Is it number 1 or 2? Or neither of them?

http://i.imgur.com/2eq2ea4.png

Thanks!
It's up to you, as long as you meet all the requirements in K4.1 Keep in mind that there's a 30deg rotation limit for the inlet and outlet surfaces.
Okay thanks! The rotation limit was the reason I had to ask!

LVDH

Hi guys,

I have updated the rules and files section of the homepage. It now contains MantiumWFlow.
To download it you will have to log into the page. There is a new login button on the top menu.
The account data will now one by one be sent out to all participants.

Please understand that restarting the championship was a spontaneous idea and getting five races done before the year ends will not be easy. There are certain compromises that had to be made.
For one it might seem a bit difficult to design the cars for the races given the short periods between races. But keep in mind that it will be even more difficult for Chris and me.
MantiumWFlow was adapted for the competition and made available for Windows and Linux. A big compromise is that for now I did not only have to remove the visual post processing but also even simple plots. It only sets up the case and makes sure you can run it. The only post processing feature is the extraction of numerical data.
I will update it as fast as I can to make sure that less experienced CFD users will receive nice pictures independent of their operating system.
For now you will have to do your post-processing alone in Paraview. Soon the online version of MantiumWFlow will also be available. MVRC contenders will get tokens for some free simulations on the platform for every race. The results will then contain all post-processing.
The download contains a short introduction in how to use the software. I hope it will be clear enough to get your first simulations running.

CAEdevice

I think that 3 races would be enough but I appreciate very much the enthusiasm of the new staff.

For the first race I am going to submit the car I would have used for the KVRC, just rotated to match the new c_sys and with the cooling ducts modeled (opt2). I am confident about total DF (despite it is the Nurburging and not the Monaco release), but I am completely guessing about CoP and cooling.

The post processing with Paraview is ok for me, and the online version is an interesting perspective, congratulations to LDVH on the hard work.

Ft5fTL

Here is some quick renders from my last KVRC car. I didnt had time to check the new rulebook yet so dunno if it is legal or not. Since i didnt post any renders on register i send them here.

Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing