[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Alonso Fan

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

I've found it, thanks for the help. now how do I save it as an stl file? when I click on 'save geometry' it only gives me an option to save in .pvd file format
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

cdsavage

Use "save data" instead.

Alonso Fan

thanks

files have been uploaded, please can you check everything is there, just in case

if anything minor is wrong I can change it before the end of the day
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

I was wondering wich way the CoP is computed this year (would it be possible to write it into the txt logs?).

To have an esitimation, I use the Cl.A front and rear values and the Cd.A (all converted in N), guessing the vertical position of the resultant drag (I use 0,5m).

LVDH

Alonso Fan wrote:thanks

files have been uploaded, please can you check everything is there, just in case

You could have at any point sent specific questions to Chris. But today was too late. Imagine everybody would have that question.

CAEdevice wrote:I was wondering wich way the CoP is computed this year (would it be possible to write it into the txt logs?).

To have an esitimation, I use the Cl.A front and rear values and the Cd.A (all converted in N), guessing the vertical position of the resultant drag (I use 0,5m).
Matteo, you are a funny man. I suggest this: Take the data your eyes can read and use it to calculate the CoP. When you are done compare it to the CoP reported by that post-processing tool that came with MantiumWFlow. If both results match, we know that there are no mistakes in the calculation.

CAEdevice

I am glad I make you smile.

What I actually asked is: wich algorithm do you use to compute CoP?

cdsavage

Looks like all the required parts were submitted and the scale is correct. The compliance checks will start once the deadline has passed.

Alonso Fan

cdsavage wrote:

Looks like all the required parts were submitted and the scale is correct. The compliance checks will start once the deadline has passed.

Thanks Chris, this is what I meant, sorry for being unclear
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

variante

Just uploaded the car with the sensation that I made something wrong (or didn't make it at all...)

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:I am glad I make you smile.

What I actually asked is: wich algorithm do you use to compute CoP?
I will show you tomorrow. Sorry for making so much fun about your reading abilities. If we manage to have something like a MVRC users meeting I will invite you to as many beer as you like.

OK,

we have received a few cars by now. So far we have:
  • CAEdevice
  • HP-Racing
  • JJR Racing
  • MercuryMotorsport
  • SHM Racing
  • TalnoRacing
  • Variante

So a few cars are still missing. You guys still have a few hours to go. I hope you are all busy even if you have submitted your safe bet. In case I do not manage to stay up long enough and the portal stays open the time stamp counts.

AratzH

Ok, file sent!

The car is untested on MantiunFlow and just barely changed from my previous Monaco entry to comply with the rules.
MVRC -> TF

etsmc

well looking at the competitors that have submitted a car I think I am aiming for a solid 8th place...

TalnoRacing

LVDH wrote:I forgot, it is odd that Paraview cannot open your stl files. Other software opens them. Maybe you are using some odd format, strangely there seem to be many stl formats.
And I noticed something else super strange. Your stl files end with *.STL, try changing it to *.stl. If it works then we have another "bug" I have to fix in MantiumWFlow.
Solidworks exports the files in *.STL format. With KVRC I had to change the extension to *.stl for it to recognise the files. In this instance I changed the file extensions to *.stl and OF now starts a calculation.
LVDH wrote:
TalnoRacing wrote:Yes I checked again. This is the result in the solver file:

Coefficients
Cm : 0 (pressure: 0 viscous: 0)
Cd : 0 (pressure: 0 viscous: 0)
Cl : 0 (pressure: 0 viscous: 0)
Cl(f) : 0
Cl(r) : 0

I get this for each time interval.
It is probably a bit late to get this solved properly, but make sure to use ascii stl files (your uploaded files seem fine), make sure that MantiumWFlow does not show any warning or error messages and have a look at a line that should look something like this:

Code: Select all

('max BB dimensions: ', [-0.999986012615143, 4.00000000000001, -1.00596606731415, 1.00596606731415, -0.0500000007450581, 0.965000000000001])
These are the Xmin, Xmax,Ymin, Ymax, Zmin and Zmax values of your car. If you have scaled them incorrectly then the force measurements will not work as the car is either far too small or way to big. The next release of MantiumWFlow will show a warning for this.
Close to the end of all the MantiumWFlow text you should find something like this:

Code: Select all

('writting case: ', '.../MVRC/Monaco_2016/.../..._Race01_20160902')
... and done.
If not, you are doing something wrong. You can send me an email with the output, but it is late and I had some beer already so you might have to wait until tomorrow morning.
I will send a log file tonight. I managed to start a calculation after changing the file extension from *.STL to *.stl. But now the meshing and smoothing iterations stop at my "HX_rhs" part. I don't understand the error, so I will send the log file and the the *.stl file.

CAEdevice

Hi, it is time to think about Race 2 ;)

I would have a request for Chris: would it be possible to have a "pull rod" version of the front suspension to be choosen as an alternative to the "push rod" version?
(http://images.automoto.it/images/598951 ... errari.jpg)

wesley123

might as well switch fully then, because everyone would pick the pull rod
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender