Garage CFD Help

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
rjsa

Re: Garage CFD Help

My problem is inside an already running linux box, to deal with the docker vm OpenFoam runs in.

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

rjsa wrote:My problem is inside an already running linux box, to deal with the docker vm OpenFoam runs in.
Ummm.... to my knowledge, docker was a method of running a virtual machine...? If you have a linux system running already and just need to install OpenFOAM, then you should find everything you need on the OpenFOAM install guide website for that particular Linux system I would have thought?

If not, there is a forum called CFD Online which has tonnes of resources and posts by the developers of OpenFOAM on all sorts of issues.
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

Pierce89

rjsa wrote:My problem is inside an already running linux box, to deal with the docker vm OpenFoam runs in.
Why are you running docker vm if its already a linux machine?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

rjsa

Because it's how I understood from the install docs?

I don't have a clue, really, it's been 15 years I've built my last linux system and I just started an instance on AWS and plowed on.

rjsa

It's been a couple months, I guess it's time to start from the top again...