after doing several announcments in the Honda PU thread, here I am to present you a project on which I've been working since september 2015: My own power unit.
The philosophy behind the project is to implement the newest technologies, while maintaining relatively low productions costs and providing a incredibly good efficiency.
So, since the start of the project, I was able to finish the first prototype of the ICE and several other components like the turbocharger. (Don't know if this is accepted in this forum, but if you want to know more about the first part, take a look at this page: https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w3ke622/
However, last autumn I decided to restart the project and use all my knowledge and experience I have gained to create the best possible project.
So, these are the specifications of the current "Sōichirō" (V2) power unit:
- 1200cm³ displacement
- V6 engine in 90° Arrangement (firing-order 1-4-3-6-2-5, even firing > crankarm offset)
- 4-stroke (Pre-Chamber)-HCCI engine
- 58mm stroke X 66mm bore
- high pressure (approx. 200bar) port-injected ethanol based fuel supply.
- pneumatically/hydraulically (to be decided) driven fully variable valvetrain.
- one electrically driven compressor in the V
- two outside lying turbines, connected to one generator unit per turbine.
- one heat-regenerating turbine in the V, connect to a generator unit.
- one electric motor (approx. 150kW), conencted to the crankshaft.
- planned power output: 450kW
- planned efficiency: more than 60%, with the final goal to achieve much more.
- engine block and crankcase casted out of highly-durable aluminum.
- cylinder head casted out of higly-durable aluminum.
- titanium valves, rods and wrist pin.
- steel pistons and crankshaft.
Pictures will be posted in the next update, I'm trying to make as many renderings as possible to get as much info as possible for you
For any questions, just comment. To finish this introduction post: I hope to have many discussions with you, I think this could get very interesting for us all
EDIT: had wrong link to the first prototype, the new one is the right one.