[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

I talked to the big boss of CAEdevice: he approved a budget increase for sponsorship.

All participants and the staff members in the MVRC 2017 will receive a copy (paperbook edition) of the book "How to build a car" by Adrian Newey simply by sending their details (name and address of delivery) to the email address "caedevice@caedevice.net".
The winner will receive the "hard cover edition" (probably signed and with a dedication by the author ... I'm working on this: Redbull gave me a positive answer, but it may require a longer time to arrange the delivery).

CAEdevice will be considered out of the list for awarding the prize.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 19:55
I talked to the big boss of CAEdevice: he approved a budget increase for sponsorship.

All participants and the staff members in the MVRC 2017 will receive a copy (paperbook edition) of the book "How to build a car" by Adrian Newey simply by sending their details (name and address of delivery) to the email address "caedevice@caedevice.net".
The winner will receive the "hard cover edition" (probably signed and with a dedication by the author ... I'm working on this: Redbull gave me a positive answer, but it may require a longer time to arrange the delivery).

Great news!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 19:55

These are some really cool news, a great way to start the week. Thank you very much Matteo.

machin wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 19:20
RicME85 wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 15:40
...the model [shown on CAESES] doesnt have the suspension covers the actual Intro chassis has so you have to keep that in mind when designing the front wing/diffuser as the geometry CAESES outputs can intersect the covers.
Ok, cool... Andre (LVDH) can the suspension covers be added in to the CAESES viewer?

If we have a CAESES model builder next year I will definitely run a car in the competition... Even if it is a non-point-scoring entry... I love the diversity of the full entry cars, but I think the CAESES approach could really help the championship grow... It would be excellent for use as a teaching tool by schools/colleges/universities.

Another question for Andre; I presume that the cars generated by the CAESES builder generally go through the CFD process without any issues?
I actually only tested it once and it worked perfectly fine. I would assume that it does that in general as CAESES produces perfect stl files. I am not sure if they implemented the automatic rule checks for the geometry created in the tool, though. If no, I am sure that it will come for next year. They should also soon release an updated version that creates a better floor as the current implementation is a bit too simple. I will get back on that today as the next race is approaching.
And as you do not receive any geometry, I do not know why you should not submit a car created in CAESES.

Benard Bonhomme

Hi everyone!

I'm a French student in aeronautical engineering and I have discovered the MVRC a few days ago. I am passionate about racing and this challenge is something I have been looking for since a long time.

I was wondering if it is possible to participate only to the last race of this season at Le Mans in the intro class. I know 10 days are short to upgrade the intro baseline but I would be happy to try.

In any case, all the cars look great. Keep pushing guys!

Benard

CAEdevice

Benard Bonhomme wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 16:02
Hi everyone!

I'm a French student in aeronautical engineering and I have discovered the MVRC a few days ago. I am passionate about racing and this challenge is something I have been looking for since a long time.

I was wondering if it is possible to participate only to the last race of this season at Le Mans in the intro class. I know 10 days are short to upgrade the intro baseline but I would be happy to try.

In any case, all the cars look great. Keep pushing guys!

Benard
Sure, it is possibile. It will be a good training for the next year: welcome!

CAEdevice

I would prefer race cars... show cars are good for Nascar or DTM.

CAEdevice

Hi, I was looking at this image (I think it is the Perrinn LMP1):

It looks that they don't use expansion to increase the pressure on the hx. They simply rely on the total energy of the flow.

In my car I tried to ontain the biggest expansion (maybe too much beacuse I have flow separation in the cooling ducts).

What do you think about?

variante

CAEdevice wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 21:33
It looks that they don't use expansion to increase the pressure on the hx.
That seems to be the common approach.
This is the Caterham CT-05:

It looks indeed like an excellent way to prevent separation in the duct, with those huge vortices in front of the radiator that we all eperienced...
I wish I had found out earlier #-o

variante

rjsa wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 18:24
Now this is interesting:
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/fac ... 78750/amp/
I prefer the opposite idea: having almost unregulated cars to see what the engineers can come up with (a little bit like our chapionship!). Yeah, it would be fun to see the result of that proposal, but I hope they keep at least one series with the characteristics I mentioned.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 22:11
CAEdevice wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 21:33
It looks that they don't use expansion to increase the pressure on the hx.
That seems to be the common approach.
This is the Caterham CT-05:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 7e17f5.jpg

It looks indeed like an excellent way to prevent separation in the duct, with those huge vortices in front of the radiator that we all eperienced...
I wish I had found out earlier #-o
Yes, I think that "real" hx has an higher energy drop (lower porosity) then ours and this influences the choice.
I could solve (reduce) the "big vortices" problem in front of the radiator but you will not see the solution on my car this year (I would have needed to rotate th HX in the other direction). See as an example the Porsche LMP1 2014:

garyjpaterson

Something a little different... I present, your championship leader!

Still a WIP, lots of work to do (including some much needed MVRC Branding!), but had a lot of fun getting creative bringing @CAEdevice's MP005 to the track! Need to sort out a few bits to bring it up to the latest spec, and get started on some of the more detailed areas. Great to see one of these awesome creations in motion though :)

Looking to add some MVRC branded tyres, maybe some F1Technical logos etc, should look like a proper race car soon. Enjoy!

rjsa

Very nice!

CAEdevice

Thank you very much Gary, the pictures are astonishing

Alonso Fan

Awesome stuff!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter