[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

machin wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 11:10
Everyone got their cars entered for Sepang scrutineering?
Nope, not even designed a car.
The lack of interest in Intro Class plus that lateness of getting a chassis put me off. I have been wanting to get something designed off my own ideas since the first race but just cannot motivate myself. I think a lot of the problem is a lack of interest in the type of car being used, Im looking forward to going back to F1 style, not least for the reset in knowledge levelling the playing field. I hope we can get something that allows us to produce something that would be like a 2021 concept, think that would be fun.
I hope that I can get some interest in designing something for race 3 but I am not hopeful, life is harder at the moment than it normally is (which is saying something) so who knows!

Team_Bart

machin wrote:
Yes! The car should be ballenced now, since I used a little rake angle (0.1degree), couldn't test it with this specific angle, but based on some interpolation it should be enough :) Next round it is time to carefully design the floor part: diffuser, splitter/frontwing and the area between the wheels. For this round I made some huge improvement, but I think it will not result in a higher ranking, since that gap was a bit to large.. Let's see how Mercury Motorsport, Tulip Racing and probably Mercury Motorsport have improved!

BlakjeKaas

Team_Bart wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 23:56
Let's see how Mercury Motorsport, Tulip Racing and probably Mercury Motorsport have improved!
I'll probably still be near the back, but I've made enormous steps, I'll still have to see if my engine isn't starved from air..

I also might've made an error in the offset file in the submission (I've entered +100mm instead of +90mm for the suspension), not sure what the penalties are if the suspension protrudes the design, but we'll see what happens.
MVRC: Tulip Racing

JJR
JJR

I had problem with my PC with OP system so I was not able to use MantiumFlow.So I simply shift ballance by 5% rewards
(learning from Le Mans results) and hope to get ballance in good direction.

machin

RicME85 wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 20:46
machin wrote:
Nope, not even designed a car...
...I hope that I can get some interest in designing something for race 3 but I am not hopeful, life is harder at the moment than it normally is (which is saying something) so who knows!
Sorry to hear that.... It feels like something is missing without RicME / Brook Motorsport!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

machin

Team_Bart wrote:
Let's see how Mercury Motorsport, Tulip Racing and probably Mercury Motorsport have improved!
Yes, should be interesting...!

Matteo (CAE_Device) is talking down his chances at the top somewhat... but with JJR's software issues it sounds like there is no foregone conclusion there!

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 13:47
Team_Bart wrote:

Matteo (CAE_Device) is talking down his chances at the top somewhat... but with JJR's software issues it sounds like there is no foregone conclusion there!
Will it be the race of Variante's return to victory?

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 13:49
machin wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 13:47
Team_Bart wrote:

Will it be the race of Variante's return to victory?
His car looks super cool. I think he not only refined his concept with the front radiators a lot (or to perfection maybe) but also has a ton of small details that look well thought out. I see a big chance of him jumping the to very top. esp as CAEdevice did not give it 100% and JJR will have issues as well competing with the top guys without using MantiumFlow as every small details counts.

LVDH

So, when I wrote the article above, I had only seen Variante. Now after looking at all cars, I maintain my opinion. If I would have to bet money, it would be on Variante winning and CAEdevice fighting with JJR for P2. Others cars I like a lot, are Pure Power for some interesting new features and Talno for showing yet another new kind of concept resulting in a very sleek car:
Here are better quality images:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/?p=2916&preview=true

machin

Ooo yes... Variante’s car is very interesting.... 👍

CAEdevice

I have great expectations on Talno, but Pure Power confirm the improvements.

I will be a spectator of the race for the first place between Variante and JJR.

About my car: the version you see in the pictures will be abandoned and I will go back to the first race car (no short sidepods, old exhausts, ...)

variante

I don't think CAEdevice will be overtaken so easily: if you compare his new car VS the old one, you'll spot a thousand of adjustments. I'm not sure it's wise to trust his claims of lost efficiency...

JJR on the other hand said to have found a lot of downforce, but I only see small changes. It'll be interesting to see how much small details will make the difference.

In general, every car seems to have its own cool features. I hope to see huge improvements!

It's also nice to have Talno back in the game!.

As for me, I'm confident with my car. I just hope the official simulation won't differ too much from my own.
You'll see an analysis of it as soon as I have the time to write it.

TalnoRacing

CAEdevice wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 21:36
I have great expectations on Talno
Thank you for the confidence. I have not managed to get MantiumFlow working (I am unsure if I have the correct softwares installed and how to get it working), so I have no idea about the balance, cooling efficiency or engine inlet effectiveness. But the concept is aimed at being different and hopefully being able to refine it as the season progresses.

wpsiatwin

I wasn't able to work on balance issues or car performance since I was focused on fixing the problem of part of the car disappearing when converted to stl, so hopefully they have blue flags ready.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 21:52
I don't think CAEdevice will be overtaken so easily: if you compare his new car VS the old one, you'll spot a thousand of adjustments. I'm not sure it's wise to trust his claims of lost efficiency...
Numbers do not lie: the new car is worse than the old one ... but I do not want to say more to avoid spoiling the surprise