[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Ft5fTL

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Ups, got caught... :)

Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

variante

So cool! I love seeing this kind of stuff!

LVDH

Yes, very cool. The next race is getting closer. Is there nothing else new and ready to get leaked?

CAEdevice

Hi, I received the email with the announcement of the race in Daytona.

We had much time to develop the car, but I am still bit confused by the new rules: I don't know how to evaluate the high downforce setup comparing it with the result of Monaco 2018. I have small updates everywhere and a big update in the central part of the car...

machin

CAEdevice wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:19
.... but I am still bit confused by the new rules: I don't know how to evaluate the high downforce setup comparing it with the result of Monaco 2018.
What do you mean by that? Do you simply mean that you have lost a lot of performance (lower L:D) with the new rules?
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 09:27
CAEdevice wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:19
.... but I am still bit confused by the new rules: I don't know how to evaluate the high downforce setup comparing it with the result of Monaco 2018.
What do you mean by that? Do you simply mean that you have lost a lot of performance (lower L:D) with the new rules?
Yes, the rules are clear, but the car is difficult to evaluate. I had high df JJR 2018 car as a reference for the df value, but I could not reach that performance, so I don't know if my car is good enough compared to the top teams in 2019. It would not have won in 2018 with these numbers.

machin

This is good... 😁

We wouldn’t want people to know how the results are going to turn out before the race! 😉

...But on a serious note it is interesting to see how a small change can have such a big impact on the design...

CAEdevice

No risk to reveal too much: the rule changes where huge! Expecially in the rear wing and diffuser area. The results of the first 3 races confirm that: no way to compare the numbers.

The only think I reveal is that I could not use the rotated heat exchangers. I tested sidepods with heat exchangers angle around 60° (F1 like), but they are too short (600mm) and, as a consequence, too wide. With Formula cars, next year, I would expect longer heat exchangers.

I would pay to know what Variante and JJR are working on.

Is Variante developing the same concept? What we can expect from JJR's completely new car?

LVDH

Actually the rule changes are working exactly as they were planned. And it is good the see that they are giving you a challenge, after all, this is kind of in the name of this whole "thing".

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 10:48
Actually the rule changes are working exactly as they were planned. And it is good the see that they are giving you a challenge, after all, this is kind of in the name of this whole "thing".
Yes, the consequences of the new rules have been very realistic and I like that.

JJR
JJR

CAEdevice wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 17:09
Is Variante developing the same concept? What we can expect from JJR's completely new car?
Hi Matteo, yes I will have up to 50% new parts mainly on front and completly reworked cooling and front aero devices.

Alonso Fan

Ran my first simulation yesterday. Had to reinstall bluecfd because my previously installed version was throwing up errors.

down on downforce but balance is to the rear so hopefully can pile some on the front.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

Here is the car for Daytona:

- shorter sidepdos
- hidg downforce wings
- winglets
- "beam wing"

machin

Another really nice car Matteo! 👍

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:06
Another really nice car Matteo! 👍
Thanks, I had a few new ideas and not a very long time: anyway I'm satisfied with the very realistic "aesthetic" result.
As I was writing a few days ago, I have no idea how to interpret the numbers.