[MVRC] Variante

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Variante

Post by CAEdevice » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 pm

variante wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:50 pm
Thanks you!

CFD tests with the same ride height as MVRC (45mm more or less), but the car is designed around the 75m figure. Being a roadcar, i imagined it could lift a little (let's say up to 125mm) for the bumpiest roads and steepest ramps.
75mm will be good also to reduce the height sensitivity

machin

Post by machin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 pm

It’s a cool looking car... for me I would add wing mirrors... cars without wing mirrors look like hot wheels toys to me!

Question; how realistic is the “foot box” area of the safety cell? This seems to be the difference between what is possible in a road-going HyperCar compared to an LMP1 style car where the driver is pretty close to centrally located....

Here is the foot box area of the F50.... you can see there’s not much room for internal flow from a front wing/diffuser;

COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

variante

Post by variante » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm

machin wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 pm
how realistic is the “foot box” area of the safety cell?
The footbox template is quite small: 750mm total (the red thing). Which, however, is still much larger than an F1 footbox for 2 people (36% larger).

Luckily, my design allows for much more additional lateral space, as you can see.

Another difference compared to the car in your pic is also how high and how forward the footbox is positioned.
I took advantage of 3m wheelbase, shifting the cockpit 250mm rearwards compared to MVRC (totally doable; in line with other supercars).

I'm not saying that it is roomier than a Rolls Royce, buuut... :D

PS: a better view:

machin

Post by machin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Yes, I guess the F50 is a mere “supercar”, whereas yours is a hypercar like Adrian Newey’s Aston Valkyrie. 😎

Looking forward to more updates!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH