Postponing an actual build update this week in favour of asking advice. I've got the decals that I previously mentioned (Marlboro ones etc) but can't seem to identify them all properly from a combination of the decal sheet and images on google. I've attached a photo below with the references of where I think they go, as well as close up ones of the smaller decals. If anyone can fill in the blanks (in bold)
it would be much appreciated. I'm unsure which of the logos will be on the final model, but from looking at the photos of it in the magazine and stuff I think it'll be all of the numbers, the Honda, Shell, Tag Heuer, driver names and Mclaren logos.
1) numbers: Rear wing endplates and nose cone (numbers depend on which driver you configure it for, obviously I'll be using the 12s for Senna (already on the rear wing and nose cone as the model was supplied)
2) Powered by honda: Side of bodywork under the roll hoop (will probably be on the model when I get those parts, it's on the photos)
3) Red electric symbol on a blue triangle: No idea of location??
4) "Diecast magnesium, made in england" logos: No idea of location??
5) E symbol: Fuel filter cover panel (will probably be on the model when I get those parts, it's on the photos)
6) Mclaren international: Nose cone (already on the model as it was supplied)
7) Small Blue rectangles with yellow centres and black numbers x20: No idea what these are or where the location is for??
Small Marlboro logo: No idea of location, possibly nose cone? But it doesn't appear to be on any photos that I can see from the real car.
9) Honda, Goodyear, and Shell logos: Nose cone (already on the model as it was supplied)
10) Shell logos: Sidepods (will probably be on the model when I get those parts, it's on the photos)
11) Goodyear logos: Front wing endplates (already on the model as it was supplied)
12) Prost/Boss logos: Roll hoop (won't be needed as the model I'm doing is the Senna version)
13) Shell logos: Outside front of sidepods under cockpit (will probably be on the model when I get those parts, it's on the photos)
14) Senna/Boss logos: Roll hoop (will probably be on the model when I get those parts, it's on the photos)
15) Large Marlboro logo: Front of rear wing (the split in the logo makes it obvious)
16) SHOWA logos x4: 2 for lower rear wing endplates, no idea about the location of the other 2?? (lower rear wing endplate logos already on the model as it was supplied)
17) FIA logo: No idea of location, maybe inside the cockpit?? (Might be on the finished model?)
18) Large Marlboro logos x2: on the side of the body work, under the roll hoop but above number 2 on this list.
19) White Marlboro logo x1: I think this goes on the bare chassis underneath number 21 on this list, see 21 for photo ref.
20) MP4/4 chassis number plate: I think this goes behind the seat? Or inside the cockpit?? (I can imagine this will be on the finished model??
21) White Hercules logo: I've found photos online with this on the bare chassis above between the suspension mounting points. (Might be on the finished model when I get that part, who knows)
22) Marlboro logo with split in the "lb": Nose cone, based on the photo of the locations from the first image. The break line of the nose and chassis is clearly in the same place as the split in the "lb".
23) White Marlboro logos x2: Again from photo references online I think this goes on the bare chassis under the roll hoop. (see photo reference of 21)
24) Shell logos: Front wing elements. (Already on the model as supplied)
25) Marlboro logo with red elements: Rear of the rear wing, as per photo of the logo locations in the first image.
26) Marlboro logos with red elements x2: Side of the cockpit under opening in front of roll hoop in side elevation.
27) "DYMAG" logos: No idea what these are or where they're supposed to go??
Like I say any advice would be appreciated.