[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

machin wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 19:51
wb92 wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 13:42
Quick question about automatic post-process in MVRC software:
Is there a quick way to increase number of slices?
Hopefully Andre or Matteo will be able to help you with that one...

So, the link below will be live at 13:00 CEST. Perhaps we should agree not to post any spoilers until 18:00?

https://youtu.be/yI-M8fUjm3E

Good luck to everyone!
There is the possibility to set as many slices as you want in the GUI (at the bottom of the list of the parameters) or you can edit the txt files in the case folder.

wb92

CAEdevice wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 20:30
machin wrote:
wb92 wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 13:42
Quick question about automatic post-process in MVRC software:
Is there a quick way to increase number of slices?

So, the link below will be live at 13:00 CEST. Perhaps we should agree not to post any spoilers until 18:00?

Good luck to everyone!
There is the possibility to set as many slices as you want in the GUI (at the bottom of the list of the parameters) or you can edit the txt files in the case folder.
Ok, I've found it - thanks! would be nice if the name of these parameters could be change for something like 'post-pro_x_slices_number'. This might be more clear for some people :)

Looking forward for tomorrow results, although I don't expect miracles. Good luck for everyone!
MVRC - WBRacing

LVDH

wb92 wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 21:24
CAEdevice wrote:
31 Aug 2019, 20:30
machin wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
Ok, I've found it - thanks! would be nice if the name of these parameters could be change for something like 'post-pro_x_slices_number'. This might be more clear for some people :)

Looking forward for tomorrow results, although I don't expect miracles. Good luck for everyone!
If you want to do this on a finished case, you can open the case, change the number of slices, apply, build the case and then check out the runCase.sh file in the case folder and manually execute the line which contains something with sampleDict. Then you can post-process the case again.

etsmc

:shock: looks like there may have been an issue with the MercuryMotorsport car.. must have been too slow to see anything interesting :lol: :lol:

LVDH

That is indeed what happened. I forgot to put your car into the scrutineering results. The geometry was not closed. I tried to fix it twice but there must have been additional holes. So you now are at least first in knowing your result, it is a DNF.
The good news is that after weeks of going crazy with both, Linux and Windows, it looks like I fixed my software building process and can ship out a new version of MFlow tomorrow. This includes the script to help detect open geometry. You might remember it from last year, no idea why it got lost.

machin

15 minutes before the race... any last minute predictions, based on the CFD images??!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

machin

Repost for convenience;

“Start your engines!”

variante

Thanks for the cool video, Machin.

Could you (or Andre) please release the key numbers as soon as possible too?

CAEdevice

Ok, now some hours have passed and I can celebrate my winning forecast about OKracing without spoilering the result.

Congratulations, incredible result considering it is your first race. I had great expectations from you because your car is simply but rational.

Good race Idadox! Second place is well deserved.

I think that numbers will be funny, if my CAEdevice MP007 is on the podium, provided that it is completley unbalanced.

Congratulations to Richard for the video. Is CCE your team? If so, double congratulations.

I am sorry (but not too much ;) ) for the disappointing race of Variante and JJR...

machin

Yes, great result by OKRacing!

I tend to agree with you though Matteo; there is a lot of extra performance left on the table as I think every car for one reason or other (balance or cooling mainly) had a problem... I’ll post the coefficients shortly unless Andre beats me to it...

Yeah, my car is CCE; it will score no championship points, but we included it for reference...

JJR
JJR

Congratutlations to OK Racing, IDADOX ( welcome back ) an of course to Matteo! Good reference car from Rich too.
My car is almost ready so see you in Singapore.

LVDH

Congratulations to OK Racing. I wonder if he has already seen his great achievement.
This here visualizes that he did not only win but was quite a bit ahead of the following pack:
Here you can also check the numbers:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/results-sp ... amps-2019/
With Variante surely fixing his cooling issues and the extended development time JJR has used, I think next race will be very tight at the top.

rjsa

That was unexpected. It’s pretty tight, it’s going to be a wild season for sure!

variante

The data sheet doesn't show up properly in any browser. A screenshot of your excel sheet would do it.
But yeah, even if i can't see it, i'm sure i have to sort out cooling.

Also, the CoP calculation on my car is surely wrong (big time). There must still be a tiny evil bug in the software.

Anywa, congratulations to OK Racing! ...but don't get used to that position :wink:

CAEdevice

Looking at the numbers and geometry together, it is clear that GGB car will be a strong opponent for the next race: with larger cooling outlets the car would have been at the same level of OKracing.

My car has apperently good numbers, but I will loose most of the front wing DF.

Will the CoP issue (including the single components numbers) resolved in the next MFlow release (for Singapore)?