[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AratzH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

First entry this year. This new rules are very interesting and different from the prototypes. Right now the main challenges are front downforce and cooling. The car is also extremely pitch sensitive, 0.5 deg would move the COP way beyond the target.
This first contender has quite low downforce, but at least the COP is spot on with the last solver version. Cooling was down by almost 50%, we'll see if the last minute changes improve that.
Now a sneak peak of the car:

Vortex management is going to be a blast!
MVRC -> TF

CAEdevice

AratzH wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 08:55
First entry this year. This new rules are very interesting and different from the prototypes. Right now the main challenges are front downforce and cooling. The car is also extremely pitch sensitive, 0.5 deg would move the COP way beyond the target.
This first contender has quite low downforce, but at least the COP is spot on with the last solver version. Cooling was down by almost 50%, we'll see if the last minute changes improve that.
Now a sneak peak of the car:

https://i.imgur.com/G2PyCdD.jpg

Vortex management is going to be a blast!
Welcome back!

etsmc

So i have realised that some parts were missing from my car when exporting causing some of the holes. Running another simulation but sure i will be getting another DNS

machin

wb92 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 21:19

Yes indeed, so louvres, louvres everywhere ^^
Looks like that’s what Variante has done too....
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

I used a short sidepods layout but not for cooling reasons (it reduces the negative influence of supensions, but it does not take advantage of the rear wing depression zone). Anyway, this is the car for Singapore.

I am not happy about the very low downforce, cooling is quite good but not perfect, balance should be ok this time.

Ft5fTL

This is what i will use for this race:

I played a bit of a gamble for balancing the car, we'll see how it pans out.
CAEdevice wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 18:27
I used a short sidepods layout but not for cooling reasons (it reduces the negative influence of supensions, but it does not take advantage of the rear wing depression zone). Anyway, this is the car for Singapore.

http://www.caedevice.net/SERVER/MVRC/20 ... gapore.jpg

I am not happy about the very low downforce, cooling is quite good but not perfect, balance should be ok this time.
Interesting choices, looks like you went to low drag rotue for this race.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

wb92

Ok, I thought it would be really late submission, but I've managed to get things on time. Not yet perfect, but definitely good step forward in terms of cooling, also step in downforce levels, but not as efficient as I would like to - probably due to solving cooling issues. With the last test run I've made a mistake, so hope to regain it with last-minute change. However that mistake brought some interesting conclusions.

Here we go - a preview for the Singapore Race.

I see many people started to get into lot of details. Interesting stuff started to show up.
Some Y250 vortex controls, internal ducts... and more louvres :D
MVRC - WBRacing

CAEdevice

TF, Pure Power, Wb92 (I don't remember which your team name is): I wish I had the time to copy 1 specific detail from each of your cars, but I will do next time, since my car has already been submitted.

wb92

CAEdevice wrote:
10 Sep 2019, 22:33
TF, Pure Power, Wb92 (I don't remember which your team name is): I wish I had the time to copy 1 specific detail from each of your cars, but I will do next time, since my car has already been submitted.
my team is... WBRacing ;)
so, making a copy is the highest level of flattery ^^ (let me guess: my FW, Pure Power cooling(?), and I don't know who's TF at the moment, so I can't guess)

I wish I could have bit more time to understand the car more, because as expected - too many details matter too much and I'm still 'fixing' basic issues. Also had no time at all for Y250 vortex...
MVRC - WBRacing

TalnoRacing

Here is a heavily revised, simplified version of my car. Focus areas were: cooling, balance.

Thomas2019

Team Baltic will skip this race. (Or use the car from the last race, just use the same numbers, I guess).

Had not enough time to improve the design. Lots of exploring into dead ends.

Thomas

CAEdevice

Thomas2019 wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 07:40
Team Baltic will skip this race. (Or use the car from the last race, just use the same numbers, I guess).

Had not enough time to improve the design. Lots of exploring into dead ends.

Thomas
I think you need to re-submit the previous files or to tell LVDH to re-use it if you want to partecipate to the race with the old car.

machin

Thomas2019 wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 07:40
Team Baltic will ....... use the same numbers, I guess).
Just send Andre (LVDH) an E-mail, But I’ve noted your intention so I will use your aero coefficients from last race for the results video.

I will talk to Andre about this; my thoughts were always that by default, if you don’t submit a new car we should always just use your last car, whether you E-mail or not... but for now it is best just to E-mail.
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 10:03
I will talk to Andre about this; my thoughts were always that by default, if you don’t submit a new car we should always just use your last car, whether you E-mail or not... but for now it is best just to E-mail.
I agree, there would be the option to re-use one of the previous car.

Thomas2019

Yes, I will drop him an email. No need to run the car again. Those CPU hours can be saved.

Thomas