[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

rjsa wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 13:07
etsmc wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 11:51
Unfortunately I am still using sketch up as i just cant get my head around inventor or freecad. I am using a plug in called curviloft i think its called to create some of the surfaces just like the area you pointed out :(
Consider Fusion360. It has tools similar to polygon sculpting. And a free hobby version. Andre stopped complaining about my meshes.
I agree. For Sketchup users Fusion360 is a natural upgrade: still direct modeling (push, pull, ...) but more professional, with real (not faceted) surfaces and free for home use (and not only).

wb92

I have a quick question - Is radiator as porous taken into calculation of coefficients?
is there any ETA of new version of the software?
MVRC - WBRacing

LVDH

wb92 wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 16:59
I have a quick question - Is radiator as porous taken into calculation of coefficients?
Yes.

wb92 wrote:
The only change right now would be that MFlow does not automatically choose the best CoP calculation for you. But it seems to be the new one for everyone anyways. If you want, I could release a new version this Monday, or if I happen to visit my office this weekend, during the weekend. My plan was to complete the homepage update this weekend though.

wb92

LVDH wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 17:05
wb92 wrote:
Yes.

wb92 wrote:
The only change right now would be that MFlow does not automatically choose the best CoP calculation for you. But it seems to be the new one for everyone anyways. If you want, I could release a new version this Monday, or if I happen to visit my office this weekend, during the weekend. My plan was to complete the homepage update this weekend though.
Okay, thanks. For radiator I just wanted to double-check if positioning of it has influence on forces - so it's good in general that it has.

If new version would be on Monday, that would be great, as it would be more convenient to see changes during the simulation, especially for balance a car. If it would be on Tuesday then I also don't mind :)

About my car performance currently it's like: efficiency - cooling - balance, but can only pick-up 2 out of 3...
MVRC - WBRacing

Alonso Fan

etsmc wrote:
Unfortunately I am still using sketch up as i just cant get my head around inventor or freecad. I am using a plug in called curviloft i think its called to create some of the surfaces just like the area you pointed out :(
Hi I'm also working on a car in sketchup.

With curviloft sometimes you gave to redraw parts of your car outside their group so that your loft will work. My advice is, don't redraw yourself, copy the lines from the group and paste them in the same place outside the group. That way your loft will match up with existing geometry.

Also another advice. Try to make lofts from lines only rather than than solids. So most of your car is made like a skin this way
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

etsmc

Alonso Fan wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 17:53
etsmc wrote:

With curviloft sometimes you gave to redraw parts of your car outside their group so that your loft will work. My advice is, don't redraw yourself, copy the lines from the group and paste them in the same place outside the group. That way your loft will match up with existing geometry.

Also another advice. Try to make lofts from lines only rather than than solids. So most of your car is made like a skin this way
Thanks for that =D> figured it out and i think thats why its actually working now.
One area i have found an issue with is like the sidepod inlet. If i do a curve and use the follow me tool thats when things dont line up properly with the curviloft group.

LVDH

Thanks for all the help. I hope others also understand that while this is a tough competition everyone helps eachother out. So if you have a question, just ask!

Here are the car images for Singapore:
A full slider with better colors:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/cars-mvrc-singapore-2019/

CAEdevice

Thanks for the update, I was so curios about JJR and WWInc.

Actually it is diffcult to give a forecast this time: for the first race I was sure about OKRacing good result, but now most of the opponents have been working on cooling and balance, so the competition will be tough. I bet on OKRacing and WWIng for the podium.

CCE will do the biggest step forward, relatively the first race result, I noticed some small but important details.

Alonso Fan

etsmc wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 03:31
Alonso Fan wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 17:53
etsmc wrote:

Thanks for that =D> figured it out and i think thats why its actually working now.
One area i have found an issue with is like the sidepod inlet. If i do a curve and use the follow me tool thats when things dont line up properly with the curviloft group.
no worries,
If i do a curve and use the follow me tool thats when things dont line up properly with the curviloft group
ooohhhh yeah tell me about it, had that issue so many times! haha
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

Hi Andre, I forgot to add the halo in my renderings I submitted, how can I submit now ones?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

LVDH

Sure, after lunch, I will register you and another team.

CAEdevice

What about GGB?

jjn9128

CAEdevice wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 13:32
What about GGB?
Haven't been able to work on my car. Reading back through it seems I should have resubmitted it. I echo the auto re-entry suggestion of a few pages ago.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

CAEdevice

jjn9128 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:13
CAEdevice wrote:
What about GGB?
Haven't been able to work on my car. Reading back through it seems I should have resubmitted it. I echo the auto re-entry suggestion of a few pages ago.
I might happen to me in the next races, considering that performances of my car are converging.

CAEdevice

jjn9128 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:13
CAEdevice wrote:
What about GGB?
It might happen to me in the next races, considering that performances of my car are converging.