[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
wb92

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

CAEdevice wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:29
jjn9128 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:13
CAEdevice wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 13:32
What about GGB?
Haven't been able to work on my car. Reading back through it seems I should have resubmitted it. I echo the auto re-entry suggestion of a few pages ago.
It might happen to me in the next races, considering that performances of my car are converging.
Sounds like a little of sandbagging to me... :P
Which areas of your car got almost converged in terms of performance?
MVRC - WBRacing

CAEdevice

wb92 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:54
CAEdevice wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:29
jjn9128 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 15:13

Haven't been able to work on my car. Reading back through it seems I should have resubmitted it. I echo the auto re-entry suggestion of a few pages ago.
It might happen to me in the next races, considering that performances of my car are converging.
Sounds like a little of sandbagging to me... :P
Which areas of your car got almost converged in terms of performance?
No sandbagging, I just meant that the performances, let's say laptime, that could improve of 10 seconds between the first and the second release of the car, from now will gain only tenths of second, so it can be reasonable to use the same car for two races.

Specifically, my car is near to its best possible performance, I am not sure if I can improve it for the third race, maybe a better release will be ready for the forth race. But now let's wait for the race in Singapore.

Alonso Fan

Introducing the SHMF1

tried to keep it simple, to get a good baseline going
looking at the entries from last race, however, I think I may need to open up the inlets a little...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

That airscope reminds me the Leyton House CG911 (yes, I am so old the have seen it racing).

Ps: Obviously I noticed the livery

Alonso Fan

how late can a late submission be?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

machin

CAEdevice wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 10:11
CCE will do the biggest step forward, relatively the first race result, I noticed some small but important details.
Unfortunately I think that my car will prove that even if you have some important details on the car, if they’re not refined properly they simply won’t work... :oops:

But some great looking cars from the rest of the grid though 8)
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

machin

Alonso Fan wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 19:14
Introducing the SHMF1

https://i.ibb.co/6BXLQDF/1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/0JF8MNN/2.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/tMPY7FM/3.jpg

tried to keep it simple, to get a good baseline going
looking at the entries from last race, however, I think I may need to open up the inlets a little...
Nice looking car! 👍

I think to be fair to everyone else we have to say that you must keep to the deadline, plus your 1 “Joker” 2-day extension...

variante

The sponsors might like their names on our cars, so here's mine:
Performance won't be so bad this round for me, but my balance is still guesstimated and my drag is still very high. Hopefully, a podium will be possible [-o<

As for GGB, i hope he gets to race in Singapore anyway.

machin

...In a way I am glad to see some more “conventional” looking sidepods on your car... I think I might have to experiment with something along those lines for the CCE car...

LVDH

variante wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 15:09
The sponsors might like their names on our cars, so here's mine:

As for GGB, i hope he gets to race in Singapore anyway.
Cool renders.

I talked with Richard about GGB.
From now on, we will reenter cars from previous races automatically unless the designer specifically withdraws them. So GGB will be in the race.
For SHM it is obviously just too late.
I will get on the MFlow improvements now. Variante sent a long list of issues, not sure how many of them I can deal with easily.

jjn9128

LVDH wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 13:51
I talked with Richard about GGB.
From now on, we will reenter cars from previous races automatically unless the designer specifically withdraws them. So GGB will be in the race.
For SHM it is obviously just too late.
I will get on the MFlow improvements now. Variante sent a long list of issues, not sure how many of them I can deal with easily.
Excellent. Makes more sense than resubmitting the same geometry over and over. I'll try to work on a more competitive car. Mine seemed to get much worse in the rerun of race 1.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

rjsa

What exactly is going on with Cop? I started using the spreadsheet from 2017 to control evolution and the formula I used before (COP= (3.4/(1+(Cf/Cr))) is giving numbers that do not match the report in any of the runs, new software or old.

CAEdevice

rjsa wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 17:52
What exactly is going on with Cop? I started using the spreadsheet from 2017 to control evolution and the formula I used before (COP= (3.4/(1+(Cf/Cr))) is giving numbers that do not match the report in any of the runs, new software or old.
It may depend on what are the Cf and Cr values you are taking. The one that you you see in the log durign the solution are wrong (old COP I guess) and sometimes in "num_cfd_results_mvrc.txt" there is only one CoP and Cf/Cr vaues (but I am not sure if it is the new or the old ones).

rjsa

I'm always getting from the report.

LVDH

rjsa wrote:
19 Sep 2019, 19:16
I'm always getting from the report.
You should only use what MFlow now tells you. However you cannot use the new versions for old simulations as the MVRC template assumes a fixed wheel base. The full version is able to automatically detect the wheel base.

I released a new version yesterday. It eliminates the two CoP calculations and only features the revised one. Also, I noticed an issue with teams using ".STL" files. Please use ".stl". MFlow will now warn you about this.

Here are some CFD images:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/cfd-images-singapore-2019/