[MVRC] CCE GP001

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] CCE GP001

Koldskaal wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 pm
LIC! Line integral convolution everywhere! I think everyone should be looking at LIC slices.
I absolutely agree. This is what I hate the most about my software. Actually in the very first versions, it was included in the post-processing. At that time it was done in Paraview. I had to change that though and moved on to VTK. I have sat down many times to add SLIC into the VTK post-processing and failed every time. If you or someone else can get it done, I will be more than just grateful not only because a warm handshake is currently a frowned upon thing.

machin

Re: [MVRC] CCE GP001

Koldskaal wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:16 pm
I think what we are seeing is a conflict of interest :D . I want to share my thoughts partly to give people a nudge in the right direction. Partly so that more knowledgeable people will correct me when I am wrong about something. But there are two reasons why I am holding back slightly:
1. I don’t think anyone wants the solutions to be “formulaic”. We all want to see creative solutions to these problems.
2. The obvious one, I want to win. I am going to keep some ideas private.
Fair points, :-), although I don't think "Try and be more (or less) aggressive here" is really going to lead to every design becoming "formulaic".. indeed I think this sort of advice isn't really going to threaten your end of the grid anyway.... :P
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH