[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
jjn9128

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

AratzH wrote:
18 May 2020, 02:28
A very convenient CAD explosion made me do some wanky changes straight to the STL files, with good aerodynamic result, but hideous looks :?
You mean wanky or wacky? :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

AratzH

jjn9128 wrote:
18 May 2020, 17:12
AratzH wrote:
18 May 2020, 02:28
A very convenient CAD explosion made me do some wanky changes straight to the STL files, with good aerodynamic result, but hideous looks :?
You mean wanky or wacky? :lol:
Wacky :oops:
MVRC -> TF

LVDH

So, I have checked all the cars. Just by appearance, you should be looking out for Variante. The thing is though, he always has nice, innovative and elegant solutions but his performance is very unpredictable. In this case the huge amount of time he must have spent could pay off. We will see more soon.

I can only, I am always very surprised at how different designs, big and small solutions, you guys always think of.

CAEdevice

Yes, Variante's design is the most innovative.

I was wondering how many teams finally submitted a car for Monaco.

wb92

Definitely Variante's car looks like nicely developed and refined. Let's see how it will perform :)
MVRC - WBRacing

jjn9128

I'm hoping his car continues to be draggy. It's the only chance anyone has :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

wb92

if you have direct "issue" with the car - you know how to address the development. if you're in the middle of both worlds, then everything what you do is questionable...
MVRC - WBRacing

yinlad

I ended up submitting a car that's mostly the car from last season with a new floor and sidepods. I'm leaving off some (new) much higher performing parts to get some aero balance back. I seem to be locked in an eternal struggle with rear downforce. Most of the turbulent flow causing issues back there doesn't seem controllable based on where I can put bodywork and I can't get air to carry enough velocity to control it from redirected air from elsewhere. Big sad.

I'm hoping to use the official results from Monaco as a baseline coloration against my own test simulations going forward, as the official results for my car last year tended to show more performance at the rear compared to my sims. Fingers crossed I actually qualify to get the car run...
MVRC - Panthera

LVDH

So these are the teams that have submitted a car:
  • AGR
  • Baltic
  • CAEdevice
  • CCE
  • Ether Sim Sport
  • GCBB corse
  • JJR Racing
  • Koldskaal
  • Kostov Racing
  • MaccaRacing
  • MercuryMotorsport
  • MT Race Engineering
  • OK Racing Team
  • Pure Power Racing
  • StlaWrks
  • TalnoRacing
  • Team Logozzo
  • TF
  • Variante
  • WBRacing
Pretty crazy lineup, please check if you are in the list and complain, if I missed you. With so many files, this would not be impossible.

jjn9128

I count 20. Are you still going through with the qualifying format? I get it if there were 50 entries but for 5 to miss out seems harsh.
#aerogandalf

cecca98

In case all the cars will be simulated, will the qualifing times be published anyway? I have to admit that I'm quite curious about them
Last edited by cecca98 on 20 May 2020, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

jjn9128

cecca98 wrote:
20 May 2020, 11:23
In case all the cars will be simulated, will the qualifing times be published the same? I have to admit that I'm quite curious about them
Likewise, could be a good dry run for us going forward.
#aerogandalf

LVDH

I am intending to run all cars. They are all prepared and in a queue to run. We will have to wait and see how smooth the simulations go. Sometimes there are these cases where the car creates an excessively huge mesh which slows everything down. It can sometimes take a while for me to notice.

The cutoff is not that harsh though. Only the first ten cars get points. And then you guys seem to have good estimates on the times your cars will achieve.

variante

Please, feed us cars images =P~

Joe7218

Of course I manage to find -0.5 Cl a few days after the first submission #-o