Paper about safety measures in Formula Series

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
kimiforpresident

Paper about safety measures in Formula Series

Hi! I am an Industrial Engineering student and I am going to write a paper on engineering solutions to reduce the impact of crashes on drivers in the Formula Series caused by driver error. If you guys have any idea about it or suggest a source, I'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Jolle

Re: Paper about safety measures in Formula Series

Have you searched the fia website already?

Slo Poke

Mandatory lightweight spray suppression kits for wet racing, may end up more than food for thought!
Front wheel water pick-up isn’t too bad but rears coupled with aero is blindingly dangerous.
I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of drivers would welcome such a kit.

Jolle

kimiforpresident wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 15:45
Hi! I am an Industrial Engineering student and I am going to write a paper on engineering solutions to reduce the impact of crashes on drivers in the Formula Series caused by driver error. If you guys have any idea about it or suggest a source, I'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
My guess is that for the accident (and the measures) it’s not important if the driver or the car steered into it. As in, for instance grosjean’s accident last year: for the safety installation and the crash it made no difference if he had a tire blowout or overlooked Kvyat.