F1 in Schools Help - basizeland's project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Re: F1 in Schools Help - basizeland's project

Those forces are minuscule if the are Newtons. A negative force is one that acts in the negative direction of that axis so, in the usual Cartesian coordinate layout +ve X is from left to right whereas -ve X is from right to left.

flynfrog

the Axis all depend on how you set up your simulation. Check the display there is probably a Rosette there.

Now did you do it in free air or with ground effect. Did you model the wheels turning? What about the CO2 canister adding high velocity fluid into the system?

Izzy410
Izzy410

I've checked the axis. where x is the line from the front of the car to the back. y side to side and z bottom up. but i don't quite think its in newton as we didnt input any weight or mass to the object. the attributes for a "BLOCKAGE" is limited to size only. Could the unit be in maybe say if its 0.3123 in Fx then 0.3123*weight of object? say 55 grammes would equate to 17 grammes.

or on second thought, it may be miniscule but its relatively huge because the car's weight is 0.55 newton. so a reading of 0.31 newton is relatively proportionate to the car's weight
flynfrog wrote:the Axis all depend on how you set up your simulation. Check the display there is probably a Rosette there.

Now did you do it in free air or with ground effect. Did you model the wheels turning? What about the CO2 canister adding high velocity fluid into the system?
Ground effect is simulated. The wind tunnel software, as far as i know can't simulate tyre rotation. and i've explored alot anyway. and i've inserted a high velocity fluid into the system tho i need a little help on calculating CO2's fluid viscosity and turbulence aswell as expansion size.
Last edited by Izzy410 on 21 Oct 2010, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

flynfrog

those are the forces being applied to the car not the weight. I think the CO2 calcs were done in this thread if you go back some number of pages to the beginning of the cfd.

=D> well done by the way now lets see some car pictures

Izzy410
Izzy410

I've seen the CO2 calculation. it did not calculate Fluid Viscosity and expansion rate and size. im 16 in a country where physics at the highest in my school would only teach you how to manipulate force. although googling doesnt bring quite the promising results.
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

Izzy410
Izzy410

This one has legality issues. the tyres are not fully visible from the top. the new one is on another machine running wind tunnel test currently. will post when the machine is available.

This one is, a newer version. just did that a few days ago havent gotten to test it. actually its running on another machine. anyhow point is its not at all optimized. i just want to see current airflow of this shape. but comment are of course appreciated
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin

Izzy410 wrote:This one has legality issues. the tyres are not fully visible from the top. the new one is on another machine running wind tunnel test currently. will post when the machine is available.

This one is, a newer version. just did that a few days ago havent gotten to test it. actually its running on another machine. anyhow point is its not at all optimized. i just want to see current airflow of this shape. but comment are of course appreciated

Gj on the car mate.
Your Solid Edge Skills way better than me :oops:
Your final car looks like its co2 chamber not supported by anything,or it is?
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410

Thank you for the compliments. I take engineering drawing at school so, it helps a bit probably

It is. a strut UNDER the chamber. its not visible from this angle. but its choking the center slot. the only problem with the car is the rule that said the guide slot must remain unedited. .
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin

Izzy410 wrote:Thank you for the compliments. I take engineering drawing at school so, it helps a bit probably

It is. a strut UNDER the chamber. its not visible from this angle. but its choking the center slot. the only problem with the car is the rule that said the guide slot must remain unedited. .

that rule totally sucks man,we really to think out of the box if want to make unique changes.
I love my mom

pudin
pudin

Hey izzy,does you Phoenics need to insert some kind of license or something?
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410

Yes i had to insert the license
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin

Izzy410 wrote:Yes i had to insert the license

The license is a file or a code?
If file it is a file,can you email it to me?
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410

I dont have it anymore actually.
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin

Izzy410 wrote:I dont have it anymore actually.
I cracked it already,anyway thanks
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410

I PMed you basize
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?