F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

http://www.f1inschools.com.my/page.cfm? ... LES%202010

Check the rules 2c.
I says that an area of 30mm width and 15mm height must present at the sides.
I guess if I make it curve,the 30x15 surface is no longer available.
This year regs sucks hard.
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

But hey,i check the car's side pod area,there a few gaps area that i can remove w/o touching the 30x15 area.
IS this what u meant?

Image

Image
This is the previous sides.

It looks better,if you want me to reupload this pictures with tyres i will upload it
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Image
Image

Here the car with wheels
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Image
Image
Image
Image

Im thinking about a thin front wing below the body at the front,does it needs an AoA?
Or just neutral like the rear?
I love my mom

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

First make sure the car is legal. You could always leave an endplate for legality.

The car is starting to look better. The more of the wheel you can cover the less turbulence they can produce. Ask your self what adding AoA to the front wing would do. You should know this. also if you can radius the co2 chamber to the rest of the car would help. Have you come up with a way to test these yet? When do you race?

Izzy410
Izzy410
0
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

From the looks only, the front aerofoil if that is what it is, is not legal. its almost at its peak, as high as the wheel it self. which by current rules is 26mm minimum. but the aerofoil's thickness is only allowed to be at 6mm MAXIMUM
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Izzy410 wrote:From the looks only, the front aerofoil if that is what it is, is not legal. its almost at its peak, as high as the wheel it self. which by current rules is 26mm minimum. but the aerofoil's thickness is only allowed to be at 6mm MAXIMUM

26 minimum?
My wings width about 22 mm but i didnt find the rules that you're saying.
Or maybe i didn't understand what you're saying at all. :?:
And btw,our rears thickness only 2 mm,6 mm aerofoil way to chunky for our car.
And the rears is not visible in this drawing,sorry for not mentioning it
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

flynfrog wrote:First make sure the car is legal. You could always leave an endplate for legality.

The car is starting to look better. The more of the wheel you can cover the less turbulence they can produce. Ask your self what adding AoA to the front wing would do. You should know this. also if you can radius the co2 chamber to the rest of the car would help. Have you come up with a way to test these yet? When do you race?

There only 1 rule that i've ignore in this building this car that i know is the co2 chamber should be 22.5 mm from track but my car only 18.5,where the heck i want to get the 4 mm from.
Crap.

What do ya mean about radius to the rest of the car?
I will be racing 14-15 Nov,Roughly around 3 weeks from now.
My aim is to get the car on the track by 2 nov if possible.
But,this car have a long way to go before crossing the checkered flag am i right?

Image
http://www.aixtrem-racing.de

Maybe changing the car's co2 chamber with this car's chamber also a good idea eh?
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410
0
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

pudin wrote:
26 minimum?
My wings width about 22 mm but i didnt find the rules that you're saying.
Or maybe i didn't understand what you're saying at all. :?:
And btw,our rears thickness only 2 mm,6 mm aerofoil way to chunky for our car.
And the rears is not visible in this drawing,sorry for not mentioning it
I meant the front wing. what;s the thickness for it?
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Izzy410 wrote:
pudin wrote:
26 minimum?
My wings width about 22 mm but i didnt find the rules that you're saying.
Or maybe i didn't understand what you're saying at all. :?:
And btw,our rears thickness only 2 mm,6 mm aerofoil way to chunky for our car.
And the rears is not visible in this drawing,sorry for not mentioning it
I meant the front wing. what;s the thickness for it?

The front wing also is not visible in this drawings.
My front and rear made from a light weight polymer,for the front wings we just stick it to the bottom of the scorpion like thingy or anything that you called it at the front,if not it will not consider as a wing.For example your car's front wing. :lol:
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410
0
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

okay. must have missed that. anyhow. where do you get your tyres? online or locally from south?
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Izzy410 wrote:okay. must have missed that. anyhow. where do you get your tyres? online or locally from south?

We ordered it from a hobby store in shah alam i think.
Just normal tyres with 27mm diam and extra light
I love my mom

Lightspeedrt
Lightspeedrt
2
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Hey my name is Dylan Sexton Lightspeed Racing's Engineer.
We will be competing at the national finals this year after taking out 5 out of 6 available awards out our states. Basilisk Performance mentor our team as they went to the same school. We are hoping to make it through to the worlds as well. I just want to say one thing, it seems you are basing "assumptions" on the fact that basilisks car was the fastest car. Yes there car was quick but, instead of comparing with there car why not look at some of the 1 second breaker cars like razorbacks, if your looking for speed look there but the reason Brett won best engineered car was because everything on his car had a purpose and he could explain that.

*EDIT: Our States car (even know we're development) did a faster time than their fastest we did a 1.103

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Lightspeedrt wrote:Hey my name is Dylan Sexton Lightspeed Racing's Engineer.
We will be competing at the national finals this year after taking out 5 out of 6 available awards out our states. Basilisk Performance mentor our team as they went to the same school. We are hoping to make it through to the worlds as well. I just want to say one thing, it seems you are basing "assumptions" on the fact that basilisks car was the fastest car. Yes there car was quick but, instead of comparing with there car why not look at some of the 1 second breaker cars like razorbacks, if your looking for speed look there but the reason Brett won best engineered car was because everything on his car had a purpose and he could explain that.

*EDIT: Our States car (even know we're development) did a faster time than their fastest we did a 1.103

You didn't know that the basilisk totally smoked the Razorback's car?
They won in the National Level i think,they just did a promo run for their car and the razorbacks
I love my mom

Lightspeedrt
Lightspeedrt
2
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Sorry maybe i didn't make myself clear that is irrelevant. What i was trying to say is, maybe basing some of your features on the one second breakers would be a good idea.