F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Lightspeedrt wrote:Sorry maybe i didn't make myself clear that is irrelevant. What i was trying to say is, maybe basing some of your features on the one second breakers would be a good idea.

Razorbacks car have a really unique design,but i only saw a glimpse of it.
Could you post the car picture(s) here?
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

i've made a new sidepod dimension and rounding the edges abit shorter than before,it does look better to me,is it?
Image



Image
I love my mom

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

the area where you CO2 chamber meets your body could use some work maybe simplifying the co2 chamber a little. also remember you want a sharp break away on the trailing edge of things. The car is looking much better than when you started. You really need a way to test these either on the computer or in real life. Otherwise we are just taking shots in the dark.


Lightspeedrt brings up a good point look to other fast cars for inspiration. But you need to understand why they did something.

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

flynfrog wrote:the area where you CO2 chamber meets your body could use some work maybe simplifying the co2 chamber a little. also remember you want a sharp break away on the trailing edge of things. The car is looking much better than when you started. You really need a way to test these either on the computer or in real life. Otherwise we are just taking shots in the dark.


Lightspeedrt brings up a good point look to other fast cars for inspiration. But you need to understand why they did something.

Im downloading a pirated Phoenics V2009 CFD right now,hope that it will work fine.
I'll try cut this thing out and try to compare it to my previous designs.
Do you have any suggestion for CFD software that i can use?
Maybe i'll found it somewhere if i google it.
And about the WT,we're building it.
:D
I love my mom

Izzy410
Izzy410
0
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

flynfrog wrote:the area where you CO2 chamber meets your body could use some work maybe simplifying the co2 chamber a little. also remember you want a sharp break away on the trailing edge of things. The car is looking much better than when you started. You really need a way to test these either on the computer or in real life. Otherwise we are just taking shots in the dark.


Lightspeedrt brings up a good point look to other fast cars for inspiration. But you need to understand why they did something.
can you elaborate on the "sharp break away on the trailing edge of things"
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

look at an airfoil and notice how the trailing edge is sharp not rounded this is to allow the air to make a clean separation instead of a turbulent attachment to the part.

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Im just trying new things with the co2 nozzle to make some changes and i come with an idea like this
Image
Image
Image

I can do better if u want.
Maybe change the tapered co2 nozzle to a bullet shape,maybe a good idea.
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

flynfrog wrote:look at an airfoil and notice how the trailing edge is sharp not rounded this is to allow the air to make a clean separation instead of a turbulent attachment to the part.
ill try applying it to every front edge of my car but only with the place where separation occurs.
I love my mom

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

I think that is worse. I was referring to the transition where it met on your old design maybe if you came in straighter so your radius will work to the side pods.

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Hey, i run a test with the pirated CFD software and it works perfectly.
.

The Intergrated Force and Velocity are : -

Fx = -6.339450E-01 N
Fy = 2.315557E-03 N
Fz = 3.040718E-01 N


Cdx = 3.330325E-01
Cdy = 1.216439E-03
Cdz = 1.597391E-01


Image
Image
The Velocity

Image
Image
The Pressure
I love my mom

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

what were your parameters?

Izzy410
Izzy410
0
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

IF you didnt change the parameters it would be 18m/s head on wind. and that's all. ground effect is entered automatically for an F1 simulation. but no wheel rotation tho. that has to be introduced manually. and i dont think you've introduced turbulent air flow from the CO2 catridge because that would has to be inserted manually
Technical Engineer
Team Adroit
SMK Aminuddin Baki
We're Just Fast
Question is, Are YOU?

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

Izzy410 wrote:IF you didnt change the parameters it would be 18m/s head on wind. and that's all. ground effect is entered automatically for an F1 simulation. but no wheel rotation tho. that has to be introduced manually. and i dont think you've introduced turbulent air flow from the CO2 catridge because that would has to be inserted manually

Yeah you're right.
All the parameters inserted by itself,but how to edit them?
And how to add the air flow produced by the co2 can?
I didn't have a tutorial at all.
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

I found the parameters already.
Default at 18 m/s,how many iteration or anything sound should i put?
The default is at 100 iteration.
But,in this case 500 right?
I love my mom

pudin
pudin
0
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Re: F1 In Schools help : Pudin's project

Post

I run another test today with 19 m/s wind and 500 literation

Forces
X = -2.144454E+00 m
Y = 2.498600E-01 m
Z = 1.943947E-02 m

Velocity

Cdx = 2.119967E-01
Cdy = 9.393115E-03
Cdz = 2.835454E-03


The drag became less than before.
Can someone explain this?
I love my mom