A paperboard Red Bull RB7

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
PaulB

Re: A paperboard Red Bull RB7

Hello Guys!
ajdavison2 wrote:No i meant the actual length of the car, as in cm?
:lol: Sorry, I misunderstood that.
The car has now it's full length - okay, the rear light is missing, so it is going to be about 1 or maybe 2mm longer. It's now 492mm long. I actually don't know the exact lenth of the car. I meassured out somthing around 497mm - so my car will be a little bit too short.

A very short update, with very much work in it, for today

That's it.
Cheers Paul
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

EAKMotorsports

50cm model form paperboard, that is so cool I´m amazed with that. I want to make my replica too. Great job. wow. =D>
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

ajdavison2

Fantastic as always

PaulB

Hello guys!

At first, I want to congratulate Sebastian Vettel and the whole Red Bull Racing Team to the 2011 Formula 1 Driver's Championship. My major respekt to mr. Dietrich Mateschitz! It's amazing, what he made out of the weakly Jaguar F1 Team in only seven years of competition. Anyway, a great day for the team, first and foremost to the people we don't see under no circumstances. Namely the whole engineers and labouring men in Milton Keynes. Fantastic work, Christian Horner would say, now I've to say that. Me for my part as an Austrian hope, that "our" team will do something like the same also in the next year. I'm very proud of them.
Congratulation, well done!

To the car:
Latterly, I was again in Milton Keynes an took a few shoots of the car. :wink:
The nosecone is finished now. There is not much to say about that. Look at the pictures

Thanks for watching,
Cheers Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

Tozza Mazza

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this is incredible!

I love the immaculate detail, and your passion for F1 and Modelling is so visible and fantastic.

Cannot wait to see this finished! :D

Tom.

P.S: I am actually using your technical drawings of the survival cell, as long as the regulations, as a guidance to complete the survival cell on my own F1 CAD project.

Richied76

Just out of curiosity Paul....will the chaps at Milton Keynes get the first offer if you were to sell the car? I think they should as it would look lovely on Adrians desk....Drawn on paper....Built in paper so to speak.

And have they let you take pictures and drawings of next years car to give you a head start on your next paperboard project? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, fantastic work as usuall, keep it up and i hope you get it exactly how you want it by a Brasil.

Tozza Mazza

Hi Paul, do you have any photos or drawings of the fuel tank? :)

Cheers, Tom.

PaulB

Hello guys!
Richied76 wrote:Just out of curiosity Paul....will the chaps at Milton Keynes get the first offer if you were to sell the car? I think they should as it would look lovely on Adrians desk....Drawn on paper....Built in paper so to speak.

And have they let you take pictures and drawings of next years car to give you a head start on your next paperboard project? :lol: :lol:
[...]
I'll contact them, when I'm finished with this. And then I'curious what they are saying about it.
Tozza Mazza wrote:Hi Paul, do you have any photos or drawings of the fuel tank? :)

Cheers, Tom.
Well, I'm satisfied, that you use my drawings. But I haven't draw the fuel tank, that's one of ther very less things I didn't build in my car. But I have one photo of a standard fuel tank, but I don't know of wich year. But look at the FIA/FT5‐1999 standard or try to ask one of the manufacturers. You'll find them on page 3 of the appendix to the technical regulations.

A short update for today. I'm working on the rear wing at the moment.

That's it,
Cheers Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

PaulB

Hello guys!

If somebody is interested, another car of me:

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

PaulB

Hello Guys!

After a few motivation problems, here the next update:

Yesterday, I began to build the frontwing. At first a overall view. As you can see, the whole part is covered with carbon-fibre textures. At the middle section, you can see two metal wires coming out of the wing. That's a new "invention" of me to reinforce the critical connection between nocecone and wing.

The side plates are a little work of art. As you can see, the top flap flows out of the sideplates. The side plate is a little bit thinner above the flaps, but more than 1mm (concerning the reglement). To built that without a visible cutting edge was very tricky, but it worked very well (after several hours of trying, thinking and so on :) ). For understanding of dimensions, the side plates hight is only 19mm, the width of the top flaps is 23mm.

A short comment to the underside: One baffle plate (i only know the german word exactly, but hope you kno what I mean) is missing.

With the beginning of the third plate I'm not very satisfied. Maybe I'll rebuild it.

First impressions with nosecone and wing fitted at the car:

To the end, a comparison with the RB6 wing. The RB7 is for sure more complicated but also more elegant...

That's it for the moment, thanks for watching.
Cheers,
Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

ajdavison2

Unreal

PaulB

Hallo Leute!
ajdavison2 wrote:Unreal
Nothing's unreal. If you see it, you'll know it. ;)

Meantime, the front wing is almost finished. A few screws are missing.

On that pictures, you could see the complexety of that aerodynamic. It's the Monza version.

Yeah, that's it for the moment.
Cheers,
Paul

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

Richied76

paul if someone was to commision you to build a model, how many hours on average does it take you to produce a car to the high quality you have with the RB7? including research and producing diagrams?

PaulB

Richied76 wrote:paul if someone was to commision you to build a model, how many hours on average does it take you to produce a car to the high quality you have with the RB7? including research and producing diagrams?
That's addicted to the car. A closed Le Mans sportscar will take longer than a formula car. But I think with all the research, construction and manufacturing it will take at least 5 to 6 months. If there are much exams for my studies in that time, it could take also almost a year.

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL

Richard

What if you were given the drawings and only had to build the car?