2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

richardn wrote:
14 Jan 2019, 15:17
Nobody seems to have linked to Mark Hughes opposing viewpoint to Gary Anderson. What isn't clear is if Mark is extrapolating Arrivebene's internal relationships from the relationship with the press, or whether he has Ferrari sources that back up his position.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... ds-ferrari
“So we eventually arrived at the position in 2018 where the worst race team was running the best car. It wasn’t the worst race team because of the people within it – but because of how it was being led. This also seeped through to the mindset of its lead driver.“ - Amen! These are exactly my thoughts.

Thank you for this link.

Capharol

richardn wrote:
14 Jan 2019, 15:17
Nobody seems to have linked to Mark Hughes opposing viewpoint to Gary Anderson. What isn't clear is if Mark is extrapolating Arrivebene's internal relationships from the relationship with the press, or whether he has Ferrari sources that back up his position.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... ds-ferrari
first thank you for the link
and the quoted sentence below almost covers my statement of earlier last week (where 1 person took it somehow personally)
What did Arrivabene do wrong? He lacked the ability to lead and inspire. What he saw as leadership, many of those around him took as bullying. He had a similar relationship with the media, deploying an outright offensive manner that gained him few friends there.

So we eventually arrived at the position in 2018 where the worst race team was running the best car
He covered up his lack of detailed understanding with dismissive and aggressive responses. He didn’t seem to even understand what it was he was not understanding. At first I took it as a language barrier, but in time I came to know that it wasn’t – and that he expressed himself in much the same way in his native tongue. He appreciated questions from those around him about as much as he did from the media.
highlighted the sentences that i see exactly the same

BwajSF

So Much of negativity.. even before the season has started.. Optimists seem to have disappeared altogether. Ferrari have come up with the best of the designs in the last two years and have been the class of the field in aero untill singapore 2018.

Even redbull (newey) copied ferrari's barge board side plate ideas.. thats faltery in F1.

Ferrari engine was ahead of the mercs engine since spec 3 rolled out post summer break.. only thing the lacked in the end was one proper upgrade that failed in Singapore that cost the car some downforce which was clearly visible in Abu Dhabi Sector 3 alone losing 0.5s in a push lap.

This is the same team which was making the Mercs run for thier money since China with all those cheating rans etc etc etc..all through monaco and austria for beating Mercs out of no where. Also, Ferrari completed the whole year without taking any penalty for extra parts of power unit or gear box.

So lets not write this team off. Its shown in the last couple of years its capable of lateral thinking in designing and it needs some improvements of the decision making.

The Engine is Good.
Aero Designs are so good that it was copied by people up and down in paddock.
The Reliability Spot on.
and we have got a yound fast driver coming newly into the team.
Vettel is fast, he will be wanting to do a much better job coming into 2019.
If anything Ferrari has all the good signs for a very interesting 2019.

#ForzaFerrari
"Our Blood is RED for a reason"

nevill3

A well written appraisal of last year and expectations for this year, lets hope that the cars can live up to this optimistic view. I certainly hope so and I am looking forward to another enthralling start to the season.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

GPR-A

It's official. Mick Schumacher joins Ferrari as a junior driver.

Ferrari adds Schumacher to F1 junior programme

Manoah2u

GPR -A wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 17:47

interesting. i would have expected Mick to go with Mercedes or RedBull instead. perhaps even renault.
this is a bold move. he's gonna be under a magnifying glass anyway, but with Ferrari, that'gonna be even double.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Capharol

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:22
GPR -A wrote:

interesting. i would have expected Mick to go with Mercedes or RedBull instead. perhaps even renault.
this is a bold move. he's gonna be under a magnifying glass anyway, but with Ferrari, that'gonna be even double.
Michael has a bigger history with Ferrari as with any other team, so no real suprise here
(although i would have liked to see him in 1 team with Hamilton or Verstappen)

Zynerji

Vettel to mentor Schumacher Jr. as Schumacher Sr. mentored him.

GPR-A

Manoah2u wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

in the current state, Mercedes are struggling to place their juniors and Ferrari now have two teams where they can place their juniors. So it's a logical decision.

Big Mangalhit

GPR -A wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 04:50
Manoah2u wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

in the current state, Mercedes are struggling to place their juniors and Ferrari now have two teams where they can place their juniors. So it's a logical decision.
Also they just signed one of their junior promises at the age of 20. Indicating that Ferrari as changed their modus operandi and are willing to bet on a juniot promise like RB has done many years

Big Tea

Big Mangalhit wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 16:38
GPR -A wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 04:50
Manoah2u wrote:

Also they just signed one of their junior promises at the age of 20. Indicating that Ferrari as changed their modus operandi and are willing to bet on a juniot promise like RB has done many years
The name will still have a big pull even if Mick never makes it. He will be an asset to Ferrari irrespective of his on track performance. Win-win.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 16:47
The name will still have a big pull even if Mick never makes it. He will be an asset to Ferrari irrespective of his on track performance. Win-win.
I think we don't have to worry much if Mick can make it to F1, the big question will be is he fast enough.
there are many F3, F2 championswho didn't have the pace for F1, it seems to be a big step to compete in this category

NathanOlder

Capharol wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 01:07
Big Tea wrote:
I think we don't have to worry much if Mick can make it to F1, the big question will be is he fast enough.
there are many F3, F2 championswho didn't have the pace for F1, it seems to be a big step to compete in this category
See how he does in F2. With a weaker grid than usual he surely does well.
The previous Euro F3 champion jumped straight in, won straight away and led the championship for months. Anything less is almost a failure. 2 rookies dominated that series last year.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

gibells

Big Tea wrote:

Hmm, I'm not so sure. It's all very romantic, but I'm thinking along the lines of Bruno Senna here. It's obvious his name has opened doors for him, but unless he can show the ravenous hunger his father showed, I'm pretty sure the door might kick him on the way out.

bryangreene

Ferrari F1 team to sign new simulator development drivers, immediate effect, Mattia Binotto will take over as Scuderia Ferrari's team principal.