HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

mith wrote:
Ian P. wrote:If you are 7% off the pace you would (theoretically) get 14 laps before being overtaken by the leaders.
Yeah, I can also divide 100 by 7 ;) Just didn't bother to do so, so I've written 'around 15' ;)
Ian P. wrote:If you are 7% off the pace you would (theoretically) get 14 laps before being overtaken by the leaders.
If your idea of proper racing is something like the video below shows, of course you'd be glad to strip 107% rule. But then why bother to have cars on track, if you could have achieved pretty much the same effect by just randomly placing few wooden sticks here and there...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-00ZN7frY[/youtube]
What engine is that? 400km/hr Very powerful.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mith

Nintendo was making them in the '80s. Hondas of that era was just mare copy of them ;)

cbbcisace

Improved race pace which is good to see.

juanfran

tenali wrote:Excellent job by Pedro today to get the HRT home just 1 lap down, pathetic driving by karthikeyan getting lapped by glock.I am sure HRT have started evaluating options to replace him.

Sadly I´m not that sure, he is the one paying

cbbcisace

It didn't matter last year!

ESPImperium

juanfran wrote:
tenali wrote:Excellent job by Pedro today to get the HRT home just 1 lap down, pathetic driving by karthikeyan getting lapped by glock.I am sure HRT have started evaluating options to replace him.

Sadly I´m not that sure, he is the one paying
One story i read is that Karthekeyn is on a 8 GP deal, so same as last year, he could be replaced at Silverstone, whitch is customary for HRT to replace a driver at Silverstone.

Id recon that it could be Bottas or a decently quick young guy with a small treasury of money behind him, id recon someone like Jan Charuz would be my bet.

It could even be that if there is a new sponsor announced, and if they are Spanish, they could want a Spanish driver, so Alguersauri or Clos would be my bet.

PdlR is showing the car isnt half as bad as some expected and is on roughly the same pace as the Marussia in race pace, and is onlt about 1% down in raw pace, whitch is about 9 tenths of a second. Given that they both have missed getting the cars to a test, and the baseline they both have had both the Marussia and HRT cars are doing a great job. Id like to see what the pace is like in a couple weeks at Mugello as i think both teams will update significantly and gain on Caterham.

If HRT can gain arround 1.2 seconds they will be in good enough shape for the saeason.

Whitch will bring them into line with where their performance is i think.

And if they can replace Karthekeyn the performance will be much improved overall.

element

Another step forward, they are closing the gap not only with the other backmarkers, but also with the top teams.
Good to hear Pedro say that they have a lot of ideas to improve in the car, and he said maybe there will be other small updates in Bahrein.

Muulka

What I think is different this year is that the car has something which could be called race pace- last year they were just immediately lapped by even the Virgins.
And tbh you can't read much into the standings with backmarkers- wasn't Karthekayen right behind Rosberg when he finished? That would mean that, although he was on the same lap as the rest, he was classified as a lap down. And he could have had any number of problems during the race. Pitstops aren't the team's strong point.

What was worrying though was how slow both cars were off the line- it looked like one practically stalled and the other was a GP2 car in terms of acceleration... The start is the best opportunity for a backmarker to get themselves in the mix. Maybe not for long, but holding up everyone else gives TV air time!

The good thing is that the carseems reliable and not pathetically slow like last year in the races. We just need a few crazy races with lots of retirements and they could get a good result!

Well done to the team!

charan0790

Narain Karthikeyan (22nd)
"My start was also quite poor, so we still have to do some work on the start system because it’s still new. It was quite difficult to drive on the option tyres because we had a problem and the car was moving a lot on the straight, we are yet to identify what the reason was for that so we’ll have to look into it and make sure we overcome it. But on the primes the car balance was much better and it was easy to drive. We set out to finish the race this weekend in China and we’ve achieved it, so we have to be pleased about that. Now we hope to progress a little bit more in Bahrain next week.”

tok-tokkie

What hapened to Kovalainen in the Caterham. It finished 1 lap behind Karthikeyan.
I am really wishing that HRT can mix it up with Caterham as I believe Gascoyn has a reputation that is not supported by the results his designs have achieved.

element

tok-tokkie wrote:What hapened to Kovalainen in the Caterham. It finished 1 lap behind Karthikeyan.
I am really wishing that HRT can mix it up with Caterham as I believe Gascoyn has a reputation that is not supported by the results his designs have achieved.
Had a problem in one pit stop hat forced him to go back and pit again.

Polarbear

I think the question is when HRT can start mixing it with Marussia...they have really surprised me, particularly considering their lack of preseason testing...

Fantatsic race yesterday - though what happed to the HRT off the start? They seemed very far behind at the first corner...

Trocola

Polarbear wrote:I think the question is when HRT can start mixing it with Marussia...they have really surprised me, particularly considering their lack of preseason testing...

Fantatsic race yesterday - though what happed to the HRT off the start? They seemed very far behind at the first corner...
I think the same. They did a great race. Pedro's fastest lap was only 3.7s slower than Kamui's. They may be still on the back of the grid, but they are closing in.

About the start, my first though was that they did that on purpose. China's first turn is quite tricky, and there are always some incidents. Keeping away from them is a good strategy if you want to end the race. But, after reading Narain and Pedro's interviews after the race, looks like they had some troubles with the new start system (i do not know if that's the correct name, sorry for my English).

Trocola

tenali

I think the same. They did a great race. Pedro's fastest lap was only 3.7s slower than Kamui's. They may be still on the back of the grid, but they are closing in.
Both Pedro and Narain are within 4 seconds of the fastest race lap.But it is not a true measure of their race pace because Heikki Kovalainen did a 1:41.190 so 1.2 seconds of kamui, so ideally speaking still not much of an improveme

Trocola

tenali wrote:
Both Pedro and Narain are within 4 seconds of the fastest race lap.But it is not a true measure of their race pace because Heikki Kovalainen did a 1:41.190 so 1.2 seconds of kamui, so ideally speaking still not much of an improveme
Heikki boxed 9 laps before the end of the race, so he had fresher tyres. Petrov's fastest lap (1:42.3) was one second slower than Heikki's, and I think that's the one HRT laps should be compared, because both Pedro and Narain where on a two stop strategy.

Yes, they are still 1.2 seconds behind Caterham, but this race seemed and improvement, as Pedro said

Trocola