HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
poloHRT

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

Petroltorque wrote:My profound apologies. I stand corrected. Am about to don a hair shirt and adjourn to the local Monastery as penance.....
Britney?.... It's you ? ;)

I tell 'em what I like
What I want
What I don't
But every time I do I stand corrected
Things that I've been told
I can't believe what I hear about the world, I realize
I'm Overprotected

element

tenali wrote:I have too say Marussia have made a very good step forward and also Caterham, it would be very very difficult fot hrt to even catch their current car with their hrt f112+, I fear this might be their worst year in terms of relative pace with the 2 new teams???????
Not sure yet.. Pedro matched best Pic time in FP2... but I think that we will have to wait until F1 hits Europe and all cars have the significant upgrades expected, to have a better idea. Caterahms of course are out of reach unless HRT makes some kind of miracle in Mugello.

charan0790

10.00-11.30 FORMULA 1 PRACTICE SESSION 1
Pedro de la RosaF112-02 #22 23rd (19 laps) 1:38.877
Narain Karthikeyan F112-01 #2324th (23 laps) 1:39.996

14.00-15.30 FORMULA 1 PRACTICE SESSION 2
Pedro de la Rosa F112-02 #22 21st (28 laps)1:37.812
Narain Karthikeyan F112-01 #23 22nd (27 laps)1:39.649

The Bahrain International Circuit (5.412 km) hosted the first day of practice sessions today at the fourth event of the season and HRT Formula 1 Team proved its progression once again by completing the planned programme to perfection throughout the 180 minutes of practice. Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan completed a total of 47 and 50 laps respectively to finish the day in 21st and 22nd position.

With barely any time to rest since last Sunday’s race in Shanghai, the team reacted to the change in conditions excellently. The upgrades brought to this Grand Prix to optimize the cooling of the engine also worked as expected and neither of the two cars showed signs of excessive overheating. This enabled De la Rosa and Karthikeyan to work on the set-up of their cars, both with medium and soft tyres, achieving a substantial improvement to the F112’s performance which is important ahead of tomorrow’s definitive session.

Pedro de la Rosa: “We can say we met our target for the day which was none other than to check that the changes we’ve made to the cooling of the car worked very well, which reassures us because it means we can face the weekend with guarantees. Leaving that aside, we suffered quite a bit of degradation to the rear tyres, but I think everyone faced that. That is due to the heat and the type of track. We tested soft and medium tyres and for the long run we divided our work with Narain, him on mediums and myself on softs, to cover both options and see which one is best. We improved the car’s balance as the day wore on and I’m satisfied but tomorrow we should be able to fine-tune things a bit more”.

Narain Karthikeyan: “Today we tried out a lot of different options to save the tyres because it’s very hot out there and they degrade quickly. And we worked on that objective in these two practice sessions. Apart from the work with both Pirelli options, we covered a lot of laps to see if the car is overheating, but it seems to be doing fine. Tomorrow we will change things a bit and adapt the car for the race and, although the weather conditions are a bit extreme, it responded well today, and hopefully we can keep that going for the rest of the weekend”.

Luis Pérez-Sala, Team Principal: “It was a positive day because we were able to make the most of the whole day to work on the set-up. And also because it looks like the solution we brought to this Grand Prix to improve the cooling is working well. This is one of the most demanding circuits for the engine and it was important to fix it. We’re still progressing and working with much more coordination. Every day we have more rhythm, both the car and the team, and that makes us come closer to our objective with every day that passes”.

Trocola

Great qualy session from Pedro: in front of Glock and just two tenths from Pic. Looks like upgrades worked well, with no overheating problems (as Pedro said to Antena3 TV) and they are understanding the care even more

Trocola

marcush.

uuuuhhhh.
HRT going thru how many changes of ownershio and changing drivers like underwear the one constant seems to be they stick to the original Dallara chassis from day one ...
Isn´t it funny that this approach still has not allowed Marussia/virgin and Caterham to edge a way more comrehensively?

I´d think all the new teams stick to their own way of stumbling over their own feet but HRT does at least do it in a ecomic way recycling components for three seasons and still finding performance gains. :mrgreen:
Well done.

tenali

I have to say, really a superb performance from narain karthikeyan,though he finished last he managed to do a 4 stop stratergy and just finished .5 seconds off de la rosa who did 3.

Narain Fastest Lap 1:39.747(lap 48) just 3 seconds off Kamui Kobayashi 1:36.700(lap 54)

HRT F112+ might spring a suprize........

ESPImperium

The F112 isnt a F111 or F110. Its a complete new fresh design.

However they are only half a second a lap over a race distance slower than the Marussia. The Marussia team are puting aero sensors on their car, but HRT hant got that yet.

Id recon that the first upgrade of the F112 will be a significant one. A heap of performance will bolt on, a new floor & diffuser, new front and rear wing and a new sidepod solution and exhaust layout. They said they wont run KERS this season, however i recon that if they do the young driver test at Silverstone they will put it in the car then and see a gain that will see them use it for the remainder of the season.

This car has a second tt a second and half in it in performance gain ready to attach, and then more if they can extract more thru set up.

Out of the 3 smaller teams, they F112 is the most relyable with 6 race entries and 6 race finishes as Marussi have 8 entries and 7 finishes and Caterham have 8 entries and 6 finishes. Only 2 other teas have a simmilar boast, and that is Toro Rosso and Red Bull.

They are getting there, but now need to go to Mugello and get 100 laps each and every day on the car with different mechanichal and aero setups on it. As well as getting Clos and Hua both half a days and ideally 60 or so laps those days.

Id go with a line up like this:

Day 1: Karthekeyen/Clos
Day 2: De la Rose/Hua
Day 3: De la Rosa

However i think it will be Day 1: De La Rosa, Day 2: Karthekeyn, Day 3: Clos.

Whitch will develop the car and team alot.

JGomezH

GP Bahrein weekend data

Italiano

Someone with Mclaren attire getting really stuck in this HRT. :lol:
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

cbbcisace

His name is Jose Segura Gallego, he was design engineer at HRT, but has got a new job at Lotus now.

:)

ESPImperium

SchumacherM wrote:Someone with Mclaren attire getting really stuck in this HRT. :lol:
Its not uncommon as McLaren Electronic Systems supply each team with up to 11 embedded personell to run, develop, trouble-shoot and maintain the SECU and all of McLarens gear. There is 3 guys at each race in the uniform of their embedded team.

The team with the most embedded MES guys are Williams due to their complicated electronic system for their KERS and gearbox. Id recon HRT will have arround 9 MES guys at present as they will have to set up a couple of MES rooms at the new HRT base in Madrid, after that id recon 5 will be where they are at as HRT arnt running the Williams KERS this year.

However this guy is a design engineer as cbbcisace said. He must have been awaiting the HRT uniform for 2012 to be delivered at time of photo being taken.

marcush.

Force Indias strategy to rise to the midfield should be the path for the minnows in Formula 1 methinks.(Build a car really strong at certain tracks only and live with what you have at all the other tracks.)

ESPImperium

marcush. wrote:Force Indias strategy to rise to the midfield should be the path for the minnows in Formula 1 methinks.(Build a car really strong at certain tracks only and live with what you have at all the other tracks.)
Thats what id do. Build a car that was very low in drag so to maximise the performance at Canada, Monza and Spa as Force India did. The car was also strong in Interlagos in 2 sectors as well that year.

However id also think about geting a car that is ideal in a low temps and rain conditions. If it had kept raining, who knows what Winkelkok could have done in 2007. Als we all remember Vettel at Monza in 08 and Rubens at Silverstone the same year.

Out of 20 events at least 10% of those races will be wet, its sods law.

Lets face it, if they can get to P10 in a wet Sepang, they may have a good wet weather car but maybes not a good intermediate condition car.

Its a good thought to set your car up for a specific set of conditions, you may narrow your performance window, but when that window comes you will make the rest look poor. We are seeing everyone of the teams set their cars up on the slicks so far this season, so why not for a specific track type or weather type.

tenali

Possible Sponsorship for HRT!!!!????

The ministry of Tourism in india has zeroed in on Narain karthikeyan to be its brand ambassador and narain in turn will sport Incredible India! logos on his apparrel and Car(including a picture of TAJ MAHAL), this may very well bring some much needed money for HRT if the deal is big.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... rand-india

charan0790