HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
element
element

Re: HRT 2012

Duplicated.

McMrocks
McMrocks

RB7ate9 wrote:
McMrocks wrote:
And you forgot that not GP2 winners are the next f1 drivers instead pay drivers are the f1 drivers of the future.
That's the answer! Have HRT be Rent-F1 for drivers with enough sponsorship backing to rent the entire HRT team! For a week! a weekend! Profit!
Some say it is already rent by Senna and Karthikeyan :o

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

McMrocks wrote: Some say it is already rent by Senna and Karthikeyan :o
And look how it turned out for Senna! HRT 2013: Hispania Rental Team!

C_Stonehouse
C_Stonehouse

I cannot see HRT off of the Grid next year. it's much of a valuble asset, someone will buy it

Harvey
Harvey

Will it really be such a bad thing if they fold and disappear? I can't think of one time when they showed even a hint of competence, let alone promise of future mid-field battles. I know they have a limited budget, but I don't think that's a worthy excuse any more. They've had 3 years to drag in some sponsors, and their car is still bare. Jordan was in a similar situation during his day, and his car was more often than not decked out with so many sponsors he didn't need a colour scheme. Their cars have provided nothing but moving chicanes at all the races they've qualified for. And so slow are they it's often dangerous. They must have the lowest average finishing position of any team that's entered F1. I am struggling to see what they have that's worth buying, other than the entry slot. They're in the wrong country, with no infrastructure worth talking about, with the wrong drivers, management that hasn't shown any competence, and EVERY year they're rocking up in Australia trying to gaffer tape a chassis together.

I feel for their staff, but I won't be sorry to see them leave.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Well, looks like the writing's on the wall, and that's being closed up.

http://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/statu ... 8458513408

CHT
CHT

with 11 teams left, how will the few million extra prize money be distributed?

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

The same as before. The vast majority of the F1 prize fund is reserved for those finishing in the top 10. Anyone finishing outside the top 10 gets some loose change. 11 teams means that Q1 takes on greater significance as at least 2 established runners will be eliminated.

WhiteBlue

I would not call $10m + air freight loose change. But it is a drop in the ocean when you need at least a budget of $50m to run a team capable of meeting the 107% rule. Even if you run pay drivers and pick up some sponsorship you will have to caught up some $20m per annum. Thesan obviously did not contemplate to throw that kind of good money after the bad they had already spend and at the moment there seem to be no queue of people with that kind of loose cash to burn.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

I think you get SOME of your air freight paid. The added problem for teams struggling for budget is that they pay their suppliers in euros and get payments in dollars which is weak.
I think the only hope for HRT is if the rumour of Abu Dhabi investors is true. They are not going to baulk at a €40 million purchas price and the need to drop another €30 million seeing the team through 2013. IIRC there is a purpose built F1 facility within the Yas Marina science park. I think the Wurz/ Mesquida bid is a non starter.

CHT
CHT

Petroltorque wrote:I think you get SOME of your air freight payed. The added problem for teams struggling for budget is that they pay their suppliers in euros and get payments in dollars which is weak.
I think the only hope for HRT is if the rumour of Abu Dhabi investors is true. They are not going to baulk at a €40 million purchas price and the need to drop another €30 million seeing the team through 2013. IIRC there is a purpose built F1 facility within the Yas Marina science park. I think the Wurz/ Mesquida bid is a non starter.
Abu Dhabi is already a major shareholder of Ferrari and thats why they have a Ferrari theme park in the emirate. The only possibility of course is if Ferrari and Abu Dhabi set up a Ferrari B team using F2012 cars for 2013. Is that still possible?

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

CHT wrote:
Petroltorque wrote:I think you get SOME of your air freight payed. The added problem for teams struggling for budget is that they pay their suppliers in euros and get payments in dollars which is weak.
Abu Dhabi is already a major shareholder of Ferrari and thats why they have a Ferrari theme park in the emirate. The only possibility of course is if Ferrari and Abu Dhabi set up a Ferrari B team using F2012 cars for 2013. Is that still possible?
The Concorde rules prohibit any use of of a customer chassis produced by another F1 competitor. I think it's time to accept that the HRT endeavour in now dead. The final nail will be the upcoming writ by Toyota for non payment of bills during 2011.

Trocola
Trocola

I never understood how this team worked. If they couldn't get big sponsors, why they disn't look for small ones? It's better to have 10 stickers on your car for 10000€ each than not have one. Just like Eddie Jordan did on his team: full of sponsors and getting some money each race

CHT
CHT

Was just watching sky, they were saying HRT doesnt even have an entry for 2013 yet.
i think this is it for HRT.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Any company that buys HRT if they do have until November 30th to submit the entry fee.