HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Petroltorque

Re: HRT 2012

Petroltorque wrote:30th November 2012 is the deadline for entry including payment of $500 000. I think you can submit a late entry but it then becomes subject to FIA ratification and a hefty penalty.
Ratification means the FIA may deem your entry not up to standard.
Having looked up the rules the date for full payment of 2013 entry fees is close of business on 30/12/2012. I don't think the FIA take late payments. So unless HRT have deposited the $500 000 into the FIA's Belize, Swiss/ Cayman Island ( delete as appropriate) account the game is up.
On a less flippant note I've tried to find an explanation as to this years abject failure for the team; the answer that keeps coming up is a lack of money. I know some people are keen to blame the lack of a budget cap but I don't think Theasn's budget for this year was anywhere near euro 50 million.
I feel Ruiz De Marcos' instincts as an investment Banker came to the fore. It sounds incredible but he probably calculated that it's actually cheaper to run a shell operation fron Spain. They would not have to pay the cost of Kolles' fully equiped German operation and he gave chassis construction to the lowest bidder. He could run with less staff and operate a turnkey
operation. In Market terms Ruiz de Marcos bought HRT at a spot price hoping its future value would rise with minimal investment.
As often is the case with a lot of these deals 'the market was against us' is the catch all excuse. What's actually there for any potential investor to purchase defeats me but if he's a good enough salesman he could con someone into buying it, and we all know how good Bankers are at selling valueless commodities :wink:

Petroltorque

UPDAtE: My sources tell me that HRT have been found to be holding a Poker hand of Black Aces and Eights....

C_Stonehouse

Petroltorque wrote:UPDAtE: My sources tell me that HRT have been found to be holding a Poker hand of Black Aces and Eights....

What does that mean?

KATO

I always just read the HRT thread but I want them to remain and develop and grow it helps the sport... Well I do hope they stay some how. I'm goin to dig up all I can on HRTS finances and then edit the links below this post...
Man I wish they stay and grow..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

C_Stonehouse wrote:
Petroltorque wrote:UPDAtE: My sources tell me that HRT have been found to be holding a Poker hand of Black Aces and Eights....

What does that mean?
aces and eights - dead man's hand. A poker term :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

C_Stonehouse

raymondu999 wrote:
C_Stonehouse wrote:

What does that mean?
aces and eights - dead man's hand. A poker term :wink:

Soooo....... That means?

raymondu999

HRT holding aces and eights means it's gonna die soon.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

C_Stonehouse

ohhhhhhh.

Petroltorque

Sorry, I thought most of you youngsters on the forum would be Keen Poker fans. Aces and eights was the hand Wild Bill Hicock was holding when he was shot in the town of Deadwood.
But seriously, all HRT have to offer any potential buyer is their entry, which lapsed at 17:00 hrs today unless they paid it. They couldn't afford petrol for free practice in Brazil and had been skimming brakes for the previous 4 races.

AlpineF1

To be honest near the end of the season HRT were becoming more than just a liability, they were becoming dangerous (as seen in Abu Dhabi and India) surely whatever they were doing with there brakes should be illegal because it nearly caused one of there drivers to be decapitated..
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Forza

Autosport wrote:
The HRT Formula 1 team looks set to officially close down after failing to find a buyer before the FIA's deadline for 2013 entries on Friday. The squad was absent from the 22-car entry list published by the governing body on Saturday.

HRT had been put up for sale by owner Thesan Capital just before the United States Grand Prix.

Attempts were made to find a buyer before the entry deadline. AUTOSPORT understands that Chinese company Chery Automobile among those involved in talks to save HRT. Sources indicate that the team is now working to pay its creditors and that the plan is for the team to shut down without unpaid debts. Team representatives declined to comment on the current situation.

HRT was originally launched as Campos Meta by former F1 driver Adrian Campos when the FIA invited new entries for the 2010 season.But its first reconstitution happened before it even made the grid, as former Jordan/Midland boss Colin Kolles was parachuted in to lead a last-minute rescue when the project hit funding problems. Kolles saw the renamed Hispania team through to the middle of the 2011 season, when it was bought by Thesan. It was relocated to a Madrid base in an attempt to revive the Spanish team image that Campos had originally planned, with Luis Perez-Sala installed as team boss. Designing its own car for the first time after adapting a Dallara-produced chassis in its early years, HRT hinted at progress in 2012 as it briefly closed on Marussia. But it drifted away at the tail of the field by the end of the year, with its funding problems clearly apparent as tales of parts shortages dominated what turned out to be its final races. HRT had beaten Marussia to 11th spot in the constructors' championship in its first two years, before falling to last in 2012.

It is the first F1 team to close down since Super Aguri's mid-2008 exit.

Petroltorque

Having reread an article in Race Car Engineering the F112 monocoque was built by Carbotech as Gerishnikov had stated. Given carbotech's reputation for quality workmanship one wonders why the car was so overweight. I appreciate that Holzer's design was rubbish. They got the basics of cooling requirements wrong .

andyspeake

Hi All,

New Here(Been A serial lurker for a few years but have now signed up)! Watching the Demise of the HRT team has got me thinking...

Where are the HRT cars? Will they be sold, scrapped or stored away?
What about the motorhomes etc...?
what about the factory (Madrid)? Up for sale?

With these small teams its usually not to obvious the above questions (Or is it?).

Cheers,
Andy

Petroltorque

andyspeake wrote:Hi All,

New Here(Been A serial lurker for a few years but have now signed up)! Watching the Demise of the HRT team has got me thinking...

Where are the HRT cars? Will they be sold, scrapped or stored away?
What about the motorhomes etc...?
what about the factory (Madrid)? Up for sale?

With these small teams its usually not to obvious the above questions (Or is it?).

Cheers,
Andy
In reply to your questions;
the remnants of the HRT operation are ownwed by some Luxembourg shell company. All the structural facilities were leased, that includes motorhomes, buildngs, computer equipment.
The approach Thesan took to the team was doomed to failure. They comissioned a design form companies all over europe with no-one in overall control. The team was in a zombie state last year and was finally put down in November.

FW17

HRT F1 entry and assets being pursued by new Scorpion group
By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 14:20 GMT

A group of Canadian and American investors are pushing to try and secure HRT's entry slot in Formula 1, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but they may have to wait until 2014 before being allowed to join the grid.

Ecclestone wrote to the Scorpion Racing investors saying: "Have you bought the HRT company? Because if you have, they [the FIA] would be accepting you."

It is not clear if there is any mechanism for Scorpion to secure a place on the grid if it can convince the FIA that it has the funding and technical capability to compete in 2013.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105319

Scorpion Racing?

http://www.scorpionracing.ca/