HRT 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: HRT 2012

WilliamsF1 wrote:
HRT F1 entry and assets being pursued by new Scorpion group
By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 14:20 GMT

A group of Canadian and American investors are pushing to try and secure HRT's entry slot in Formula 1, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but they may have to wait until 2014 before being allowed to join the grid.

Ecclestone wrote to the Scorpion Racing investors saying: "Have you bought the HRT company? Because if you have, they [the FIA] would be accepting you."

It is not clear if there is any mechanism for Scorpion to secure a place on the grid if it can convince the FIA that it has the funding and technical capability to compete in 2013.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105319

Scorpion Racing?

http://www.scorpionracing.ca/
I do hope they succeed!

F1 i think should be a 12 team 24 driver sport!

JayeOFarrell

I would love for this to be true, given the Canadian and American back ground of the investors. The whole of the Americas is a new technical front Formula 1 has had little to do with so far. Plus with more stable economies then the crippled Spanish one I believe success would not be so hard to come by, adequate investment at the very least.
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
― Vincent van Gogh

Gridlock

I thought HRT lost all rights to their entry when they didn't pay to enter the 2013 season?

If they have a transferable entry then they aren't without assets. If they do not then why bother buying them? A lease on a warehouse and whatever SnapOns the mechanics didn't take home as pay?

Forza

Link wrote: However, given the FIA's entry deadline for this season closed at the end of November, it is highly unlikely motor sport's world governing body would bend the rules to allow Scorpion Racing to compete.

Ecclestone said: "I've spoken to them and told them to get in touch with the FIA and ask for an entry.They want to buy all the bits from HRT, then form a company and ask for an entry, but I personally don't think it will happen. It's all a bit too late. Maybe they could do it for next year."

The FIA has confirmed they have received nothing substantial so far from Scorpion Racing, and will only evaluate the matter when they get something more concrete.

Gridlock

I love how Bernie speaks as if there was some mysterious 3rd person in charge of it all.

I'm going to start calling him Don Camillo

FW17

Gridlock wrote:I love how Bernie speaks as if there was some mysterious 3rd person in charge of it all.
This is more political posturing between Bernie and FIA, will end up like Bahrain 2011.

KATO

Moving my post to "Scorpion Racing Team" sorry/thank you-??
Mods please delete..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

matt21

The assets of HRT have been bought by a spanish car parts trader.
If he doesn´t want to sell them to an upcoming team i think this was it.

blokkie
blokkie

matt21 wrote:The assets of HRT have been bought by a spanish car parts trader.
If he doesn´t want to sell them to an upcoming team i think this was it.
A bit more detail :

Assets of HRT have been bought by Teo Martin, a automotive component recycler. O
HRT's headquarters in Madrid are already dismantled.

Teo Martin has bought the 2011 and 2012 single seaters, a show car, a truck, tools, machinery, furniture and other assets.
In short, everything that can be recycled and sold that was still in HRT's possession (has been sold),"

The sold assets did not include the 2012 engines, which have been returned to Cosworth, or the gearboxes, which were rented from Williams.