Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 56667.html

Lewis allowed to hook up with Mercedes early according to MW
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Joie de vivre

"I won't be doing much technical work with them, but I'm allowed to talk to people."

What does that mean? That he can talk to MGP staff just not technical stuff or he won't be talking about technical stuff at all? I thought he said he knows exactly how next years McLaren is going to look like.

Nando

technical work could mean anything from making his seat to god knows what.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

ScottB

Joie de vivre wrote:"I won't be doing much technical work with them, but I'm allowed to talk to people."

What does that mean? That he can talk to MGP staff just not technical stuff or he won't be talking about technical stuff at all? I thought he said he knows exactly how next years McLaren is going to look like.
How important is that really? Merc knew what this years Mclaren looks like and it hasn't helped them...

Even if Lewis has seen some fairly detailed drawings / renderings of the MP4 28, I doubt it will help Merc much, the design of the W04 will presumably be complete, well, the tub etc at least, and there's no guarantee that say, Mclaren's 2013 front wing would do any good on the Merc. So unless he's seen some secret Mclaren invention I can't think he'll bring anything Merc's cadre of tech directors couldn't figure out for themselves...

Nando

Vasconia

The only thing that Lewis can bring is an extra motivation but not more. The best thing he could bring is how to understand the tyres, or burn/destroy/eliminate Mercedes´s suspension and say: guys, really, you can do it better. :D

sriraj1031

Hope micheal retires and sits back at home rather than hang around in mercedes garage and support nico rosberg like he did for massa , the surely its best of luck to hamilton

atanatizante

There was someone in this thread who was speaking about the quality methods & checks used when Michael was way back at Ferrari days ...
I search about it but unfortunately didn`t found. Could anyone help me and send the link please :D
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

PlatinumZealot

I like the part where he said he thinks so far ahead that any unusual movements in front of him catches him out! :mrgreen: great stuff.

I think it is an honour for Ham to inherit the seat. There will be inevitable MSC comparison on the first day he drives the car in testing. Of course not for achievements, but just simple things like feedback and driving style etc.

There will also be a very close eye on the operations and the development of the car.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

elf341

Schumacher has announced he has signed a contract as a test driver. (source)
He has not announced who he has signed it with.

It would be seriously awesome if Schumacher would be on track in Jerez testing the W04. But I wonder if perhaps it is Pirelli with who he has signed the contract?

Nando

Probably Mercedes. Bird out i guess.

Ganxxta

elf341 wrote:Schumacher has announced he has signed a contract as a test driver. (source)
He has not announced who he has signed it with.

It would be seriously awesome if Schumacher would be on track in Jerez testing the W04. But I wonder if perhaps it is Pirelli with who he has signed the contract?
Any reliable source? I could also write a blog and say Schumacher to buy HRT...

But if its real I hope its NOT Mercedes [-o<

Cocles

Total rumor-mongering, but hey. I'd say, "Take this with a grain of salt."

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/29/per-bra ... n-ferrari/

elf341

According to F1SA, it is Karts he is testing.
(source)

Oh well.

Dragonfly

Cocles wrote:Total rumor-mongering, but hey. I'd say, "Take this with a grain of salt."

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/29/per-bra ... n-ferrari/
You could provide a sentence or two in summary.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012