Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cocles

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Dragonfly wrote:
Cocles wrote:Total rumor-mongering, but hey. I'd say, "Take this with a grain of salt."

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/29/per-bra ... n-ferrari/
You could provide a sentence or two in summary.
It states that Ross Brawn could be thinking of going back to Ferrari.

Nando

Unless Autosport is reporting stuff these days i´ll take it with a truck load of salt.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

user001

brawn said last year that merc would be his last team for sure after all the stress. but opinions can change though i do not think its true.

clipsy1H

i'm sure Michael wants to be in a car next season.... if w04 will be a winning car will be a disaster for Michael morale (but to be honest Nico deserve a good car ...) with each passing day i know he was "pushed" away.

about brawn... it's quite possible

Cocles

Until you guys actually have some sort of evidence, can we please stop with the "Schumacher was pushed" rhetoric or at least give it its own thread? We get it. You're upset.

raymondu999

It was IMO just bad timing really. If they had let Michael announce retirement before they announced the Lewis move, it wouldn't look so much like being forced out - it would've been just Mercedes "filling up" the seat Schumacher vacated. But because Schumacher announced it after the Lewis move, it's almost as if the retirement was forced, because he couldn't find a better option.

I'm not saying he was forced out - but surely Cocles you can understand, given the chronology of the announcements, why people are thinking as such?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cocles

raymondu999 wrote:It was IMO just bad timing really. If they had let Michael announce retirement before they announced the Lewis move, it wouldn't look so much like being forced out - it would've been just Mercedes "filling up" the seat Schumacher vacated. But because Schumacher announced it after the Lewis move, it's almost as if the retirement was forced, because he couldn't find a better option.

I'm not saying he was forced out - but surely Cocles you can understand, given the chronology of the announcements, why people are thinking as such?
I agree with what you said that at face value it may seem that way, but that's just it. All it is is face value. The irony is that I'm a huge, die-hard Schumacher fan. When he announced this retirement, one of my first thoughts was, "He better have not been pushed out!" I went digging like everyone else and found nothing. No one else found anything either; it's the epitome of conjecture. Perhaps that's why it's such a sore spot for me. I feel it just makes us Schumacher fans look bad, "He'd never abandon us! He must have been pushed!" He didn't abandon us, he wasn't pushed, the man retired, and he was a professional until the very end. Guys, the fact that he attended the young drivers' test has only been made more impressive, knowing that he already had retirement on his mind. I don't think us Schumacher fans are doing ourselves any favor by clinging so tightly to pure conjecture.

Personally, I'm thankful for Mercedes. If it weren't for Brawn's team, I doubt we would have had another three years of enjoying him on the grid, even if he was mid-field a lot of the time. I'm still glad he was there, and I love the narrative that Vettel accomplished all three of his titles with his hero on the grid. Seeing Schumacher waiting for Vettel as he got out of his car in Brazil was one of the highlights of the season for me. Imagine achieving the greatest accomplishment of your life, and right at that moment, there's your childhood hero, the guy whose poster hung on your wall, there he is to congratulate you, and say how proud he is of you. That's how I wanted Schumacher to end his career, not what we had in 2006, but passing the baton to his protege with a big, proud smile on his face. Did you see Schumacher after Brazil? The man was beaming. He could have been mistaken for Vettel's dad. That was awesome. Thank you Michael Schumacher.
Last edited by Cocles on 01 Dec 2012, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

FoxHound

raymondu999 wrote:I'm not saying he was forced out - but surely Cocles you can understand, given the chronology of the announcements, why people are thinking as such?
Schumacher let a renewal on his contract lapse. What should the team do? Wait for the king, or move on?
Right choice all day, every day when you consider that they got Hamilton to replace him.
JET set

raymondu999

FoxHound wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I'm not saying he was forced out - but surely Cocles you can understand, given the chronology of the announcements, why people are thinking as such?
Schumacher let a renewal on his contract lapse. What should the team do? Wait for the king, or move on?
Right choice all day, every day when you consider that they got Hamilton to replace him.
Did you bother reading my comment? I didn't say it was a good/bad decision.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cocles

Is it just me, or did the FIA get the company and team name wrong?

Judging by the all caps, it seems they're especially excited about Lewis Hamilton. ;)

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... 1.2012.pdf

marcush.

FoxHound wrote:
Well,for me there is a big gap to reality in this , as Brawn stated they were in COSTANT exchange about the going ons with Michael and he knew about it.

for Schumacher -there was no urge or requirement to time his retirement -in fact he had all the time in this world and he chose to sit on the fence and look on -maybe also to see who would offer something ...
For MGP this was not a nice situation and if I were in their position i would have asked him to first announce his retirement and then present Hamilton..but for whatever reason MGP chose to put themselves in a bad light ..

Nando

Derek´s thoughts on the Hamilton move,
Hamilton is off to Mercedes next season having signed a three-year deal with the Brackley-based squad.

However, in the wake of the announcement Mercedes' results slumped with the team managing just one top ten result in the final six grands prix.

In sharp contrast, Red Bull won their third successive Championship double, Ferrari fought all the way to the end and McLaren concluded the season with a victory.

As a result, Warwick, a former F1 driver who at times takes the role of driver steward at grand prix weekends, is worried that the "fastest driver in Formula One" may be left fighting for scraps.

"You are never going to see McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari out of the top three and I'd say McLaren and Red Bull are favourites to fight it out again. It just depends on which way round they finish at the top," Warwick told the Daily Star.

"And the great thing Red Bull have is a certain gentleman called Adrian Newey, who is without doubt the best designer and race car engineer there is in Formula One.

"Every team he has gone to, from Williams to McLaren and now to Red Bull, has won World Championships.

"We have a stability in the rules for next year so you would suspect we will pick up at the start of 2013 where we left off this year.

"I am sure Lewis Hamilton will hope that is not the case.

"Mercedes are working on a new car but their performance this year was not just disappointing, it was very, very poor.

"Mercedes have undoubtedly the fastest driver in Formula One and we all want Lewis to be in a winning car next year and challenging.

"I desperately hope Mercedes will be competitive but either Lewis knows something we don't or he's lying in bed at night thinking, 'What have I done!'"

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4378 ... _his_move/
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Vasconia

Dragonfly wrote:
Cocles wrote:Total rumor-mongering, but hey. I'd say, "Take this with a grain of salt."

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/29/per-bra ... n-ferrari/
You could provide a sentence or two in summary.
Only one word: bullsh*t. Brawn is not going to return to Ferrari, he wants to win with Mercedes and now the project seems to be in a good shape for....2014. Next season will be tough for Mercedes but Brawn thinks that 2014 will be "their" year with all the changes that ara expected.

ArchAngel

Vasconia wrote:...Brawn thinks that 2014 will be "their" year with all the changes that ara expected.
This team could well be on its way to becoming the DC of the constructors, with the obligatory declaration that each successive year will be "their year." :mrgreen:

Red Bull will probably continue to lead the pack next year. Ferrari will be desperate & will pull out all the stops to start the season strongly. Even with a weaker driver pairing, McLaren should continue to collect solid points finishes to stay inside the top 3. Lotus & Kimi should be totally psyched to add to their win tally and establish themselves among the top 3. Despite Hamilton, Merc will in all probability once again find themselves in a nasty dogfight with overachieving midfielders (Sauber, Williams, Force India, maybe STR) for the now-familiar 5th place.

WhiteBlue

WhiteBlue wrote:MGP has the hard task to become more competitive very quickly and build up the structure for the time when Brawn will enjoy his money and quit the racing business. So there is no option to build the technical team around him. This leads me to believe his main role will be that of advising the Daimler board on top level HR and process engineering issues. He is planted on the MGP board to keep the Daimler board informed and advised about all those issue so that they can be comfortable in their decisions.

If anybody is being made redundant by having Lauda there it is Haug. He obviously failed to solve the concord crisis and we can expect him to move to retirement relatively soon.
I wrote this three months ago. Must have been a good day with the crystal ball. :lol: :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)