Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
snoop1050

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Dragonfly wrote:Wasn't it better to start from the pitlane with updated setup and eventually different gear ratios?
Why start from P22 with heavy fuel on options?
cos merc only know one stratergy

start on soft
pit after 10-14laps =D>

Raptor22

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

....because they finished nearly a minute down on the winner..

thats pretty crap

Ganxxta

Dragonfly wrote:Wasn't it better to start from the pitlane with updated setup and eventually different gear ratios?
Exactly my thoughts :wtf:

Raptor22

Because your race engineer should actually be the tea lady.
Because your boss says, we want the son of a former World Champ to the ficus of the teams attentions and forget the old geezer in the other car. same procedure as eevry race on that car.
Because your much lauded strategist and team principal earned his rep off the talemnt of others and isn't worth his weight in gold, mostly lard.
Because when you only have one strategy then at some point in the future it must come good and you will look intelligent.

Heck the SAuber's and Force India's made Mercedes look completely stupid today. Actually, Mercedes are completely stupid.

AosudiF1

It seems Schumi charged on Pirelli for the first time... it is just politics, like always. Maybe pushing for more durable tyres that suit him better.

"Pirelli responds to Michael Schumacher's criticism of its tyres"
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99103

I would love to see Schumi win something before he retires. I don't see him coming back next year (although I would like him to). And I think Merc does not either, so they aim most of resources to the guy that could be the future of the team, i.e., Rosberg (which is a damn good driver also, at least in my opinion).

sjns

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

With everyone else except the Lotuses doing the same...
Given the start of the race, I don't think it was a bad for both drivers. The pack is just to close to wander through the field...

Raptor22

yeah a good driver who took 111 Gp to win his first. History shows us that the drivers who took that long never really went on to win anything other than one WDC while driving the very best car.

The really good drivers got results within 20 GP

Schumacher's comments about the Pirelli tyres are clearly frustration starting to boil over. He won't blame his incompetent team mechanics and race engineer so he targets Pirelli instead. What he says is true but his real problem is that he is driving a Mercedes. His bigger problem is his loyalty to a man who has no loyalty toward him.

tomaswrx

Raptor22, I hope you are wrong about MS situation in Mercedes, but if in the future it will prove to be true, it's just sad...

munudeges

From what I saw Rosberg was pretty frustrated today as well...........

Raptor22

??? really, you mean after trying to drive ALonso and Hamilton off the track.

If that was either Hamilton or Schumacher there would be a rule change for the better of F1...
Pretty sure his father will so proud after calling other drivers dirty in the past. Just shows, money can't buy class

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Raptor22 wrote:Heck the SAuber's and Force India's made Mercedes look completely stupid today. Actually, Mercedes are completely stupid.

Er, you base that on what exactly?

A Mercedes finished ahead of both McLaren's and both Ferrari's and the leading Force India as well as Sauber. So does that Make those four teams even more "stupid"?

Rhetorical question no need to answer!

Finally in comparison Schumacher and Force India, Schumacher started 22nd on the grid. A full 12 places behind Di Resta, and 9 behind Hulkenberg.
He managed to finish ahead of Hulkenberg and made up 12 places on the grid beating both Saubers in the process.

I'm afraid when you extract the fanatical view, and look at the cold hard numbers you will see that Mercedes were very far from stupid. They got it right.

Funny how some people lose the sight of day when their favourite driver suffers a bit of bad luck.
More could have been done.
David Purley

marcush.

amazingly ,they put Schumacher on a out and out conservative strategy ..I thought what the hell are they trying to achieve?
Pretyy sure a more adventureous approach would have netted at least the same result...starting on new primes for example.
Also why not start from the pitlane with the ultimate setup for the new temps? didn´t they boast around they could setup the car perfectly for given conditions?
I´m a bit lost with them really...their track engineers ,Clear ,Shovlin etc ..no better ideas than doing a pole setter strategy?
i´m surprised and disappointed.
It was more than obvious that doing a consevative strategy will not allow to exploit the cars potential and it will hamper Schu in terms of motivation as well...
I would have let him use all the rubber thy had available in the pits. :mrgreen:
seriously ,jet has a point ..the midfield is very compact this year so passing anything quicker than a caterham is a challenge not comparable to what was possible last year.

Raptor22

oh wow, 22nd to 10th, major achievement that was huh, especially in light of the fact that since Mercedes are supposed to be one of the top 5 teams that 10th is the minimum place a Mercedes should ever have to achieve.

What was clearly Schumacher showing his class that despite the silver arrow/Brawn handicap he carries he was at least within 8 sec of his team mate at certain points of the despite starting 18 places further back. So after Lap 1 he should have been 18 sec behind Rosberg but he was not.
Also in light of the fact that he needed to be aggressive in the opening laps he should have been started on the harder tyre, but no they tie his hands by giving him the same strategy as Rosberg.

One days bad luck..?? Take a look back over the last two seasons and compare Schumachers one day of bad luck against any other driver. Some of that bad luck has been self inflicted but how many times has Mercedes made really awful strategy decisions thats left him fighting in the midfield and resulting in a race ending event.

Its so bad that I don't expect Schumacher to finish a race any longer. The possibility of Brawn getting it wrong on Schumacher's car is so great that I find myself not even having hope of him having a great season. Four races 2 points, and three of those races his team are certainly a big part of the failure.

Nope, Mercedes are THE WORST team in the top 5 by a long way. I may not like Lotus Renault corporate culture, but they delivered a great car to their two drivers.
Red Bull have worked through their problems and found solutions it seems.
McLaren's are fast as long as they don't have to come into the pits.
Ferrari well at least they deliver a good race day car, pity about qualifying.
Mercedes come to the table with a 7 times world champ, an innovative DRS system and all they can pull out of the bag for that driver is 0101 while their other driver gets set up changes in the garage, gets his wheel nuts tightened properly every time, and all Brawn can offer up is Oh well its bad luck.
I'd rather see Schumacher retire than be subjected to the humiliation of being associated with the shockingly poor team that Mercedes AMG F1 GP is.
After three races they still have not provided a single update to their car. They've not got on top of its issues, and they still a one trick pony whereby they can only provide one driver with a decent ride.
Sorry but this is BAR / HONDA all over again and again. From there their season will go down hill and they will finish the season in 5th place, behind REd BUll, McLaren, Lotus, and Ferrari.
Mercedes cannot develop a car and thats a fact. No BAR was ever developed to a race winner. The Brawn GP went backwards after the first 8 races.
Neither w01, or W02 were developed into anything that looked like it deserved a podium spot. The W03 at least looks like under the right circumstances it should podium but they can only set up one car to achieve that. all the efforst goes into achieving this that they forget how to fit wheel nuts or manage to break the DRS or somethign else.

I am just contemplating how much more there is too yank out of the magic hat of incompetence.

Dragonfly

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:Heck the SAuber's and Force India's made Mercedes look completely stupid today. Actually, Mercedes are completely stupid.

Er, you base that on what exactly?

A Mercedes finished ahead of both McLaren's and both Ferrari's and the leading Force India as well as Sauber. So does that Make those four teams even more "stupid"?
JET, as much as I admire your passion for MGP, I can't but advise you to take your head out of the sand.
Rosberg finished where he started. And thanks to Mclaren messing it up again.
A FI on 2 stopper finished ahead of its starting place. Not to speak about the Lotus'es.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

marcush.

I have the impression MGP again underperformed in a race with change of conditions from qualy to race...this is my pattern of it .
But then i doubly don´t get why they bowed off from starting MS from the pitlane and can only suspect they feared Schu would catch their prime driver.

It puzzling me to see how often Schumacher is runninf into problems and gets cought out with team issues.We have heard him coplain about things not getting sorted and solved over more than one race and him being a bit miffed or at a loss to explain certain things happening on his car ( wrong corner weights F-ducts not operating etc etc.)If I were him i would have cried fire long ago... so maybe his underperforming was not his idea but Brawns???