Williams 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zoro_f1

Re: Williams 2012

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

kiev the great
kiev the great

Frank Williams wrote:You could have got a better cake!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 23 May 2012, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image, look at previous post for cake pics :)

AnthonyG

P&G sponsership for Williams. Does anyone have more information on this sponsership-deal?

I wonder if we'll ever see "pampers" on it. :mrgreen:
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

bhall
bhall

AnthonyG wrote:I wonder if we'll ever see "pampers" on it. :mrgreen:
Depends.

(Head & Shoulders has been there all year, though.)

AnthonyG

Strange I didn't notice it before. (I just read it like a zombie)
Pitty because I had a guestlecture from a P&G marketing manager recently, unique chance to ask him after the sponsership. #-o

From what I've read Williams had a tough time on the financiel side recent years, so it's good that Williams has strong sponsers that can back it. Recent years made it an (end)mid-field team, so with William's win I think they'll couldn't be happier with their investment and perhaps the team can find financial stability on the long run.

Gillette is there since winter testing also I believe.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

raymondu999

AnthonyG wrote:P&G sponsership for Williams. Does anyone have more information on this sponsership-deal?

I know someone who might. But I'm sworn to secrecy on who it is :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ArchAngel

bhallg2k wrote:
Depends...
"Depends" on what Frank uses. :wink: Sorry I went there. :oops: :mrgreen:
raymondu999 wrote:
AnthonyG wrote:P&G sponsership for Williams. Does anyone have more information on this sponsership-deal?
H?

Back on topic -- Is Senna using a different chassis? Or did they just dust off the ashes from the one that got toasted in Catalunya?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Senna is using the same chassis. I read it somewhere, but I'll try to remember where and post it on here so check back in a few minutes.

edit: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Senn ... 42228.html
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bhall
bhall

ArchAngel wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:
Depends...
"Depends" on what Frank uses. :wink: Sorry I went there. :oops: :mrgreen:
No need. That's exactly why I said it.

raymondu999

I always thought he was a Huggies man :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ArchAngel

mx_tifoso wrote:Senna is using the same chassis. I read it somewhere, but I'll try to remember where and post it on here so check back in a few minutes.

edit: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Senn ... 42228.html
Gracias. :mrgreen:

I suppose that flash fire couldn't have gotten anywhere near hot enough like an autoclave. Would've been somewhat cool in an old-school kinda way had the car been allowed to keep its burnt/charred look, with only the liveries cleaned up... Sorta like battle scars kept like a badge of courage. :mrgreen:

dren

So is Maldonado really that much better than Senna, or are the cars different? Or is it the engineers setting the cars up? Senna didn't look all that bad in the Renault last year. So far it looks to be a big gap here in Monaco too.
Honda!

stefan_
stefan_

It's kinda surprising to me too that there is such a difference between them. I was expecting better performance from Senna, because, as you said, it looked good last year in the R31.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SeijaKessen

Since nothing else seems to be happening in Williams land, I figured I would post this.
Senna awarded Lorenzo Bandini Trophy

Bruno Senna has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Lorenzo Bandini Trophy.

The award is a tribute to Lorenzo Bandini - the leading Italian driver at the time of his death in 1967 - and is organised by council of his home town of Brisighella. It is given to a driver in honour of their dedication to motor racing, spirit of competition and achievement, and is awarded on the basis of how results were achieved rather than the results themselves.

Since its inception in 1992 to mark the 25th anniversary of Bandini's death, recipients of the trophy have included Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton, while Nico Rosberg was the 2011 winner. Williams has now announced that Senna will receive the award on July 15, with the winner traditionally driving the 12 kilometres from Faenza to Brisighella in a public display.

"It's a great honour to receive the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy, particularly when you consider the excellent racing drivers that have been awarded it in the past," Senna said. "I would like to thank the people of Brisighella for their kind support and generosity as well as all of those who have helped me in my career so far. I'm very much looking forward to the prize giving ceremony next month, which promises to be a great event."

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... 81289.html
Is this really prestigious?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

raymondu999 wrote:

The P&G sponsorship is €4m, €2m for Gillette and €2m for Head & Shoulders. Senna is bringing €8m of sponsorship and Bottas another €2m for 15 FP1 drives and 5 full test days. Maldanado is bringing $47m from PDVSA.