Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMrocks
McMrocks

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

Checo isn't a very constant driver:

he had 3 good races. But the 3 races were very special

Malaysia: Perez was quite fast as the track became try. Many fast drivers had a problem:
-Vettel: Karthikeyan
-Button: Karthikeyan
-Hamilton: McLaren Boxencrew

In a normal race the three driver would be in front of Perez

Montreal:
He benefited from the strategy faults of Alonso and Vettel

Monza: Monza is the most normal race. But we know it is a gambling with the 2012 Pirelli.
(Button was in front of Perez, but maybe Perez could have catch Button. And IIRC Vettel was already behind Perez at his retirement)

Nando
Nando

Button and Vettel to some extent brought it on themselves in Malaysia, especially button who pretty much drove right into Narain.

Other then that, i agree. it seems after the announcement he´s been doing silly mistakes and a little bit too hotheaded, not exactly the cool calm collected Perez we are used to seeing.

I think though that running a mid-field car brings problems of it´s own whether it´s the car or just simply being in the mid-field.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

KATO

You're looking for Data that Makes him look like rubbish truth is in Malaysia he was faster then everyone IN THE RAIN and yes people did have some issues but CHECO was setting lap records in wet conditions and YES he only got faster as the track dried.. Remember he kept his wet tires longer and was still fast when his tires should have deteriorated he somehow managed to stay fast in drying condition with Medium wet tires.. And everyone else had dry tires they should have been all able to pass him but they didn't he remained fast.. In the wrong kind of tires longer..

nd Niki Lauda said CHECO drove like a "God" in Italy il take his word for it he's a world champion...

Over all CHECO has had issues hamper down his result.. While the date looks bad a true analysis still shows his talent as a driver.. We've seen him give strong results only to be screwed over by Maldonado and Grosjean many times Grosjean 2 times and Maldonado messed him up 3 times.. That's 5 races in which other drivers screwed CHECO.. The rest have been mistakes on Saubers and himself but let's hear it from CHECO; this is a cool read-!!

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14105.html

Q: Sergio, you are in the midst of a bit of a drought right now, but would you still say that it’s been a good season for you?
Sergio Perez: Of course I would say that. I’ve been on the podium three times and I could have been there more times. So yes, it’s been a good season.

Q: Then let’s talk about the last six races. There has been poor reliability, accidents and sometimes the car simply hasn’t been quick enough…
SP: Yes, we’ve had a bit of every calamity possible! Most of the time we were not able to maximize our potential…

Q: Why?
SP: In Malaysia I had a fantastic qualifying - I would say my best qualifying ever so far - which secured me P9 on the grid. But the car potential was far from that. The race developed well, out then I had a massive blister that destroyed my tyre so I had to pit which meant no points there. In Japan I made a mistake and in Korea we had an issue with the pit stop. Abu Dhabi saw the contact with Grosjean. It was not my fault so I don’t understand why I got a penalty there. And at the last race in Austin it looked okay but then I ran into problems with the brakes. So there you have it - various calamities which ruined my chances of a better position in the standings.
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

McMrocks
McMrocks

Nando wrote:Button and Vettel to some extent brought it on themselves in Malaysia, especially button who pretty much drove right into Narain.

Other then that, i agree. it seems after the announcement he´s been doing silly mistakes and a little bit too hotheaded, not exactly the cool calm collected Perez we are used to seeing.

I think though that running a mid-field car brings problems of it´s own whether it´s the car or just simply being in the mid-field.
I didn't say that it was Karthikeyan's fault. I have just listed up the incidents which helped Perez.

Back to Perez:
He had more bad races than good. In 5 races he had the 20th position or higher.
but this was also caused by other drivers. But on the other side he made silly mistakes, too

The silliest mistake was in Japan. He often wants too much, like in Malaysia where he did a mistake which took him the victory. He has to learn a lot to be a top driver.

As a McLaren fan i want that the season comes to a end, but on the other side in quite worried about the next season

munudeges
munudeges

Perez is bringing in a crapload of sponsorship money. Suck it up.

raymondu999

Kato - don't forget that looking at Friday practice - the Sauber was burning its front tyres over the long runs, which was basically the reason why it was so quick in the wet, and in the semi-wet.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

munudeges wrote:Perez is bringing in a crapload of sponsorship money. Suck it up.
Nope he's left that behind Esteban Gutierrez now has all the Mexican Pessos behind him.. Perez has taken NON of that with him.. He's making 8mill a year with his current deal for the first time in his career he's making money not paying to drive..

raymondu999 wrote:Kato - don't forget that looking at Friday practice - the Sauber was burning its front tyres over the long runs, which was basically the reason why it was so quick in the wet, and in the semi-wet.

Perez has had 5 races that other people messed up for him and 5 that he messed up.. And a few that Sauber messed up or technical issues but non the less showed enough talent for Niki Lauda and Mercedez and Witmarsh to all consider him Plan b After Hamilton... Remember Mercedez was going for Perez if they didn't get Hamilton..

Yeah they hinted hat they are preparing the car for that.. Planing for the rain placing a Front Wing that has a lot of Downforce to aid this effect. The Sauber is a very balanced car when they want it to be.. Only thing I wonder is if they discovered this by accident at Malaysia. I'm pretty sure it was a lucky accident.. Either way they are going to do it on purpose now.. Other teams should test out high downforce wings in wet conditions... Maybe there cars also stand out like this.. Remember the Ferrari was at the time a horrible car (some might say it stil is) maybe it was imbalanced and also giving Fernado this same effect by accident?? Maybe technecly an accidental Eureka moment has occurred here.... Remember Ferrari at practice was was eating up its tires and being a little "Slow" maybe they too are goin to do this Malaysian accident in Sau Paulo..

I'm probably just crazy tho.... :wtf:
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

You've misunderstood my point Kato.

My point is:
KATO wrote:truth is in Malaysia he was faster then everyone IN THE RAIN
was he faster, or was the Sauber faster?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

raymondu999 wrote:You've misunderstood my point Kato.

My point is:
KATO wrote:truth is in Malaysia he was faster then everyone IN THE RAIN
was he faster, or was the Sauber faster?
uhm..... Maybe we should just not discuss CHECO lol in any event Kamui had the same car and wasn't equally fast like CHECO.. Also Vettel and other drivers all had better cars and wernt faster in the rain..

Some one said he wasn't fast but got fast as it stopped raining.. Did not give him credit for his rain driving skills.. Well in any event I'm sorry you McLaren fans have CHECO since it doesn't seem you don't want him but I'm sure he will prove you all wrong.. Witmarsh said he want to make him Champion next season and CHECO want to be champion too.. Lets see what they can do-!!
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

KATO wrote:Kamui had the same car and wasn't equally fast like CHECO..
Yes but when has Koba ever been quick in the rain? I've never considered Koba fast to be honest. He's a daring overtaker, but fast is not a word I'd use to describe him.
Also Vettel and other drivers all had better cars and wernt faster in the rain..
Better dry cars - but worse wet cars.
Witmarsh said he want to make him Champion next season
Why wouldn't he? Even if he signed Karthikeyan he'd say that.
and CHECO want to be champion too..
Karthikeyan does too. Doesn't make you a better driver.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Where did the name checo even come from? Its not even an abbreviation of sergio's actual name.

Richard
Richard

Please use proper names, and lets not pollute threads with endless "driver X was faster than driver Y in the rain/dry/full moon/naked/combination of all 3".

munudeges
munudeges

KATO wrote:Nope he's left that behind Esteban Gutierrez now has all the Mexican Pessos behind him.. Perez has taken NON of that with him.. He's making 8mill a year with his current deal for the first time in his career he's making money not paying to drive..
No, I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The Mexican sponsors and money is still very much there and that's how Perez can now actually be paid.

Richard
Richard

munudeges wrote:No, I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The Mexican sponsors and money is still very much there and that's how Perez can now actually be paid.
I don't think they'd made an appearance at McLaren yet, although one would expect any Mexican money would gravitate to the the only team with the only high profile Mexican F1 driver, just like the high profile Spanish diver at Ferrari coincided with high profile Spanish sponsor.

For now there's no definitive info on the cause or effect of Mexican money (if any) at McLaren. However I'm sure they factored commercial appeal into the equation, just like they did when signing Button.

KATO

richard_leeds wrote:
munudeges wrote:No, I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The Mexican sponsors and money is still very much there and that's how Perez can now actually be paid.
I don't think they'd made an appearance at McLaren yet, although one would expect any Mexican money would gravitate to the the only team with the only high profile Mexican F1 driver, just like the high profile Spanish diver at Ferrari coincided with high profile Spanish sponsor.

For now there's no definitive info on the cause or effect of Mexican money (if any) at McLaren. However I'm sure they factored commercial appeal into the equation, just like they did when signing Button.
I'm "GETTING" This from Martin Witmarsh he said "CHECO" is not bringing in any Mexican sponsorship "CHECO" is vey much getting paid to race.. He accepts he opens up a new market but he's not bringing in sponsorship..

McLaren might never even need to accept Mexican Pessos the truh is just having PEREZ (CHECO) might alone bring in more Fans and that alone might increase their finances considerably with out having to accept money from sponsors but truth is. I don't see money coming in from Mexican wine makers since they already have Johnie Walker and if VodaFone stays I don't see Telmex stepping in infact I don't see a single Mexican Brand making sence on the McLaren.
IDE just like to add that I had already dropped the conversation in my last post as it felt like we were getting into a loop...

But again he does have skill and a lot of potential and I don't think McLaren would need to bring in a PAY driver if they don't truly see a World Champion in SERGIO PEREZ (CHECO) oh and it's a Mexican common abbreviation of the name Sergio = CHECO.. It's A cultural thing so please keep yore critisim NOW that you KNOW since any type of smug remark can be construed as culturally insensitive. Some people get away with it because they don't know any better but now you know.. So I will continue to call him CHECO and for further knowledge don't act like you don't know who I mean. I mean Sergio Perez think of it as a sort of "abbreviation" or reference and think of it as a sort of FAK I don't know term of endearment towards the lad.. As I hope CHECO wins with McLaren and I'm glad he's a McLaren driver-!!
__Ayrton Senna